Ch. 29 - I.E.D

Florence's outfit

Chapter Twenty-Nine💰 I

Chapter Twenty-Nine
💰 I.E.D 💰

Florence watched as Lydia sat in front of the record player, occasionally moving the needle around as she listened. Florence sighed softly before standing up and walking over to Lydia. "Wait, Flo-" Lydia said as Florence moved the needle off the vinyl. "No." Florence said as she crouched down next to Lydia before gently cupping the side of Lydia's face making her look at Florence.

"You have been here listening to that thing all weekend. You're gonna drive yourself insane." Florence said as she gently wipe a fallen eyelash from Lydia's cheek, "I have to figure it out." Lydia said in a slight whisper and Florence shook her head. "You're not gonna figure it out if you lose your mind. Okay? You need a break." Florence said and Lydia sighed softly while looking back at the record player.

"I'm gonna take you to go eat something and then after that your taking a long nap." Florence said and Lydia sighed and shook her head, "Florence-" She started to say but Florence cut her off. "No arguing. You need to eat something and you need sleep, okay? I will pick you up and carry you out this house if I have to." Florence said before helping Lydia up.

They didn't walk right away when Lydia wrapped her arms around Florence's torso, dropping her head on Florence's chest. Florence sighed softly before wrapping her arms around Lydia, resting her chin on Lydia's head. They stood like that for a moment until Florence pulled back slightly to gently grab Lydia's face.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay. You'll figure it out over time. It doesnt have to happen today." Florence said and Lydia nodded slightly making Florence smile softly at her before kissing Lydia's forehead.

💰

"Please stop hovering." Lydia said making Florence look up from her book to see Malia hovering over Lydia's shoulder. The three of them were sitting in the art room trying to see if Lydia would do some automatic drawing like she did with the Nemeton.

"I'm not hovering- I'm waiting! Draw something. Write something. We need to know who else is on that list." Malia said making Florence raise her eyebrows, "You mean you need to know if you're on the list." She said and Malia looked at her and nodded. "If someone's coming to take my head off... then, yeah, I'd like to know."