003 | Doctor Banner

A/N: Due to this book being currently rewritten, Bonnie does not receive a gift from Tony, so please ignore that. It'll be fixed up very shortly <3

"Bonnie, Dr. Banner requests your presence in his laboratory," FRIDAY's voice sounded throughout Natasha's floor. The sudden noise woke me up in an abrupt jump, sending me rolling off the couch as Nat's laughter sounded from the kitchen. I groaned and sat up, rubbing my eyes. Nat had made me stay over the night before with Sam and Bucky to binge Harry Potter - as per Sam's request. Although, the two bailed at around 2am to at least attempt a decent nights sleep.

"Tell Bruce I'll be there in 15 minutes," I sighed and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, glaring up at the clock on the wall. 10:23am.

Nat continued quietly laughing at my state as she fried away in the kitchen. "Go get yourself ready for the day and I'll make you breakfast. You can take some of my clothes if you want," she spoke as I gratefully smiled at her, hopping up from my position on the floor.

"Thanks Nat, I appreciate it," I mumbled as I made my way to Nat's room, and then the bathroom.

Before I knew it, I was walking into Bruce's lab with a coffee in hand, looking a little less like a zombie - all thanks to Nat's cooking and a little concealer. "Morning," I chimed, sipping my coffee as I made my way over to him. I'd pinched a pair of Nat's tights and an oversized Captain America sweatshirt, amused by the irony of it.

"Morning," he mumbled back, not looking up from his position, his concentration fixated on an analytical pipette in front of him. Nodding slowly, I watched, quietly sipping my coffee again.

Bruce finished a minute or two later, looking up to me with a small smile before laughing at my jumper, "I like it." I smiled back at him, giggling quietly while looking down to the graphic. "Anyway, I wanted your opinion on a serum I've been working on. It's supposed to be some what of a healing thing, but all it does is irritate the skin," Bruce spoke, his brows furrowing as he looked to the small vials in front of him.

I nodded slowly and placed my empty mug to the side, "How much of an irritant is it?" I questioned, pulling on a pair of gloves before carefully picking up the vial, swishing the liquid around a little.

"I'll show you," he nodded before dipping a cotton bud into the solution, wiping the liquid on his wrist. The area quickly became painfully red as Bruce cleaned the liquid off, applying a soothing lotion to it, "It hurts a little, but the irritation goes away almost instantly once the areas been cleaned."

"I think you might need to tweak the amount of acid you're using? Is it sulphuric acid?" I questioned, gently picking up his wrist to get a better look at the pink mark.

"Yeah, it is," he sounded puzzled, pulling his wrist away once I was finished inspecting it. He got up from his seat and began walking around the lab, picking out certain bottles as he went.

Some time later, we had distinguished the irritant and altered the solution so that it would no longer cause any harm. The neutralised serum seemed to be working.

Bruce applied a small amount to a paper cut on my thumb. He shook his head in disbelief as it healed the small slit almost instantly, "We did it. We did it, Bonnie!" The man exclaimed, holding his hand up for a high five. A small grin spread across my lips as I high fived him in triumph.

We both got busy with duplicating the serum and making small talk, "So, what got you interested in all this?" Bruce questioned, once again, not looking up from the pipette in front of him.

"Well, ever since I was a little girl, I'd dreamed of being a scientist. As I went through school, I fell in love with genetics, and upon graduating, I made the big move to Stanford University. I still didn't really know what I wanted to focus on outside of genetics until I started reading about HYDRA's 1940's research. One thing lead to another and here I am," I shrugged as Bruce smiled to himself, nodding as he listened.

"Kinda weird how it all started with HYDRA and here you are working against them," he laughed, glancing up to me.

"Eh, I guess. I'm happy to be here, though. Ever since reading about them, all I've wanted was the chance to stop them, you know?" I giggled, shaking my head slightly as the elevator doors rolled open, "I guess now is my chance."

"I don't know what you two are getting all deep and meaningful over," Tony mused as he stepped into the lab, flicking around a pair of car keys as he did so, "but I've got something for Bonnie."

I looked to him to see my computer tucked neatly under his arm. Beaming, I skipped joyfully towards him, "Is that my computer?"

"Nice shirt," We spoke in unison as he chuckled, holding my laptop out towards me, "Indeed it is."

"Thanks!" I happily took the computer and placed it on the work bench of the lab, opening the lid to check on my report.

"Bonnie, before you get back to work, I've got something else to give you," Tony smiled, tucking the keys into his pocket as he gestured toward the elevator.

"Um," smiling, I looked to Bruce and he waved a hand as if to dismiss me. Laughing to myself, I jogged after Tony and joined him in the elevator, "Did you get what you needed about HYDRA?"

"Sort of. There's still a lot to be done before we can go after them, but you've been a big help so far," he explained, giving me a small smile before announcing, "FRIDAY, my garage, please."

The elevator doors rolled closed as Tony pulled out another small packet of blueberries, ripping it open and taking one out, eating it. I laughed quietly as I watched him, shaking my head in disbelief, "where do you keep all those?"

"Not telling," he chuckled as the doors rolled open. We stepped out of the elevator and into Tony's garage. It was huge. Once again, I found myself marvelling at the building in front of me. A neat line of Audi's and hot rods lined the wall as Tony meandered onto the garage floor, "I took the liberty of buying you a new car after seeing that... interesting hatchback you arrived in."

My jaw dropped as my eyes snapped to him, "you're joking. Don't you dare get my hopes up like that."

"I'm not," he laughed, taking the keys to an Audi A3 from his pocket, chucking them to me. I caught them in my shaking hands and shifted my gaze to look around the garage, pressing the unlock button as I did so. A small, navy blue hatchback flickered it's lights at me as I squealed in excitement, racing over to Tony and pulling him into a tight hug.

"Oh my god, thank you so much," I grinned, not taking my eyes off of the pristine car. Tony awkwardly embraced me, giving me a small pat on the back.

He went to say something as an alarm sounded in his pocket. I quickly let go and looked up to him, unable to wipe the grin off my face as I fiddled with the keys in my hands.

Tony gave me a small smile before taking out his phone and answering. The blood drained from his face as his eyes widened at the caller's words, his gaze shifting around the room before finally settling on me. He wouldn't take his eyes off me as the phone continued humming against his ear. Tony's tense gaze caused the smile to drop from my face, my expression growing with concern.

"What? Who is it?"