007 | Jaw Dropping

"It was 100% a moment," Nat chimed as we walked into our shared floor to be greeted by Bucky sat on the kitchen counter with a strawberry in hand. He looked to us and waved before hopping off of the bench.

"Hi, I was hoping you could help me with this," he gestured to the mop of dark hair on his head, a smile gracing his lips as his chucked the strawberry leaves into the compost.

"We can definitely help you," I beamed as Nat excitedly waltzed over to him. I followed closely behind and took one of Bucky's hands, pulling him towards the main bathroom.

"Did you want like a braid or something?" I giggled, sitting him on a stool in front of the mirror as Bucky frowned, shrugging at us as Nat began gently braiding one half of his hair.

"Should we bring it back into a bun?" Nat grinned, tying the braid off at the back of his head before starting on the next one. I nodded my head as I fluffed the already complete braid, in awe.

"Hey, that's kinda cool. Sam's gonna be so jealous," Bucky laughed as he ran a hand over the now complete braids. Nat had braided his hair back into a neat, low bun.

Nat laughed as we nodded in unison, "Although, as payment for the hair-do, you're gonna help Bonnie and I get ready," Nat informed Bucky as I giggled.

Bucky, Nat and I had found ourselves situated in my room a couple of minutes later as I dug through my wardrobe, holding pieces up for an opinion as I did so. I got to a flowy red dress and held it up, Bucky shook his head as Nat pondered, "It's cute, but not for tonight. We're tryna make Steve fall in love with you."

"That's exactly what we're not trying to do," I spoke with wide eyes and Bucky erupted into laughter beside Nat, my cheeks flushing a colour similar to the dress as I watched them.

"I'm just joking, keep going," Nat giggled as I continued to fossick through my wardrobe. Finally, I pulled out a tight, navy blue body-con dress, holding it up for the peanut gallery as I smiled innocently at them.

"Abso-fucking-lutey," Nat grinned as Bucky gave me a double thumbs up. I laughed at the two of them as I made my way into the ensuite to get changed, emerging a little later to two enthusiastic cheers.

"We like the blue one," Bucky cheered as Nat laughed beside him before she moved to peer at my shoe collection.

"Have you got any nude heels?"

"Yeah, here," I crouched at my wardrobe, pulling a pair of high, strappy nude heels from the back of my wardrobe, "Like these?"

Nat nodded as she gestured for me to put them on, moving back to her position next to Bucky on my bed. I giggled at them before buckling myself into the heels, standing up and doing a small twirl, of which the two cheered me on again.

I blushed as they shouted compliments, waving my hands as I interrupted, "Natasha'a turnnnn!" Bucky laughed and stood up, dragging Nat and I into her room.

Nat laughed as Bucky and I positioned ourselves on her bed, gesturing for her to start digging. Nat did so, pulling a dress or suit out every now and then until we settled on a tailored black suit and crimson bralette. She disappeared into her en-suite to change before emerging and doing a small twirl, to which we cheered and complimented her. "Shhhhh," Nat grinned as she laughed at Buck and I, "Time for hair and makeup."

"And that's my cue to leave. You both look great. See you guys in an hour," Bucky chuckled, hopping up and giving us a wave as he walked out. We both cheered our goodbyes after him before starting to do our hair and makeup together, chatting about random nonsense as we did so.

Just over an hour later, Nat and I waltzed into the compounds communal living area and bar, of which Tony designed specifically for nights such as these. The two of us waved to Sam, Bucky and Steve before making our way over to the bar.

Steve's gaze followed me across the room as his mouth fell slightly agape, his eyes raking up and down my body. Sam laughed and leant over to him, whispering a quiet "Pick your jaw up off the floor, gramps," to which Steve straightened up and closed his mouth.

"My jaw was never on the floor," Steve defended as he cleared his throat, turning his attention back to his friends.

"Oh, it definitely was," Bucky laughed, raising both brows at Steve in a knowing glance. Steve promptly shoved the two of them as Nat and I made our way over to them.

"Hey boys, enjoying the party?" Nat smiled, sipping her champagne as she looked around. Both Bucky and Sam nodded as Steve's gaze settled on me again, before being abruptly torn away by Sam's sharp elbow colliding with his side, causing the super-soldier to wince.

"Fuck, Sam," he groaned as he held his side, giving Sam a gentle nudge.

"Language," the four of us exclaimed in unison before erupting into laughter. I giggled as I sipped my champagne also, watching Steve out of the corner of my eye.

"You guys are seriously keeping that up?" He sighed before looking to me, throwing his hands in the air, "And who told you about it?"

"Oh, no one," I mused as Nat began giggling beside me, poking her tongue out at Steve as he rolled his eyes. "Okay, maybe Nat did," I giggled with her and Steve couldn't help but smile, shaking his head in pretend displeasure.

"Okay Mr. and Mrs. Flirty, let's go get comfy," Sam teased as Steve and I stared at him, both of our cheeks becoming tainted with a quiet red flush. Bucky chuckled quietly as he wandered ahead of us and toward the couches. We soon joined him, myself and Steve both staying awkwardly quiet, basking in our own embarrassment as the group bantered.

The conversation continued as I stared at my champagne flute, quietly tapping the edge with my nails as I got lost in my thoughts. This champagne is kinda nice - I wonder what the alcohol content is. Alcohol content? Wait. Could that work?

"I'll be back soon. Just gonna run to the lab," I gave the group a small smile as they waved before standing up from my spot and walking out, my heels clicking as I did so.

A small smile spread across Steve's lips as his eyes followed me out of the party, Nat laughing as she watched his smitten expression, "You're so head-over-heels."

Steve opened his mouth to defend himself as Bucky spoke through a chuckle, "You've gotta try and at least be friends with her before you get all lovey dovey."

"Yeah, man. Go talk to her later. Let her know you're not always a grumpy piece of muscle," Sam laughed as he prodded his friend. Steve just sighed quietly and leant back into the couch, sipping his beer as he looked between everyone.

"I dunno, guys," he shrugged.