009 | Jazz Partner

"Dr. Mitchell, it is eight AM and Mr. Stark is requesting your presence in the gym in fifteen minutes," FRIDAY's voice boomed through the speakers in my room.

"What the fuck," I groaned, holding my pillow over my head as FRIDAY repeated her statement. "FRIDAY, I'm awake. Shoosh," I sighed before stretching and rolling out of bed.

I stumbled into the kitchen 10 minutes later in a pair of black leggings, a matching sports bra and white trainers, only to be greeted my Nat cooking breakfast, "Morninggg."

"Mm. Morning," I gave her a small smile as I filled my water bottle and rubbed my eyes, looking to her, "Why has Tony got us up so early after a party?"

Nat just shrugged as she chuckled, "No idea. He's not particularly considerate with these things."

"Yeah, I figured," I laughed as I made my way to the elevator, "I'll see you in a bit."

"Oh, I was thinking we should have another movie night tonight," she called after me, giggling as she did so, "You can invite Stevie."

A stupid smile spread across my face as I stepped into the elevator, giving Nat the finger as the doors rolled shut and she laughed, flipping me off just before the crack in the doors sealed.

A couple of minutes later, I strolled into the gym before raising my brows at the sight of Steve pounding his fists into a punching bag. I watched him, sucking quietly on the straw of my water bottle until he glanced over his shoulder. I smiled and gave him a small finger-wave, "Hi."

"Good morning," he smiled slightly, holding the punching bag still before turning to look at me, "Did Tony ask you to come down, too?"

"Uh huh," I nodded as I strained to maintain eye contact with him, smiling sweetly. Steve hummed quietly as he nodded, narrowing his eyes slightly at me.

"You okay?"

"Uh huh," I nodded again, my cheeks flushing slightly as I fumbled for my phone, "Should we call Tony?" Steve nodded and I quickly pulled up his contact, moving to stand with Steve as the Facetime call rang.

Tony's face popped up on the screen as he waved. He was clad in a fluffy robe and large reading glasses, "Yes?"

"Why're we here?" I giggled, gesturing to myself and Steve, a little amused by his attire, "I'm assuming you're not coming to the gym in Pepper's bathrobe?"

Steve chuckled beside me as he peered over my shoulder, his breath lightly fanning over my neck as Tony waved his hands dismissively, explaining, "I figured that if you're going to be a target, Bonnie, that you should at least know a little bit about how to defend yourself. Nat and Steve will alternate teaching you. Boxing, how to use a hand gun, etcetera."

I mouthed a small 'oh', raising both brows slightly as I looked up to Steve. He blew out his cheeks and rested his hands on his hips, furrowing his brows as he looked between Tony and I, "Some warning would've been nice so I could have prepared something, Tony."

"You'll figure something out, capsicle. Good luck," Tony mused before hanging up. Steve whined quietly as he shook his head, looking around the gym while he pondered.

"We could just do some weights or something? Or boxing?" Steve shrugged, looking over his shoulder to me. He had a small, but gorgeous smirk, strands of his typically groomed hair falling into his eyes as he quietly panted from his previous boxing. The tight white shirt he wore clung snugly to his torso and strained around his biceps - and damn, did his ass look good in those sweats.