005 | Bittersweet Reminder

"Captain Rogers, Sargeant Barnes and Mr. Wilson, Miss. Romanoff and Doctor Mitchell are inviting you to a 'movie night' on their floor," FRIDAY's voice echoed through the three's shared floor.

"Oh hell yeah!"  Sam exclaimed from the kitchen as he raced to his room to shower and get some comfy clothes on, "FRIDAY, tell them we'll be there in 20 minutes."

Bucky hummed quietly as he walked out of his room, freshly showered and already wearing sweats and a hoodie, giving Steve a nod before joining him on the couch, "you going up?"

"Ah, I don't know," he shrugged, running a hand through his hair as he leant back into the cushions.

"It's Bonnie, huh?" Bucky questioned as he positioned himself on the couch to face his friend, a small pout forming on his lips.

"She just looks so much like her, Buck. And she's smart like she was- is, too. I can't stand it," Steve sighed, hugging a pillow to his chest as he fiddled with the tassels on the edge of it.

"I know, I know," Bucky murmured, affectionately patting Steve's knee before looking up to him, "She's her own person, though. You can't hold that stuff against her."

"I know," Steve spoke quietly, looking to Bucky as he contemplated going up, shrugging slightly.

"Just come up. It's always a fun time with Nat, and Bonnie's pretty cool once you get to know her, too. You can say you're tired and need to go to bed if you're miserable, okay?" Bucky bargained, patting Steve's back.

"Yeah, okay. Thanks, Buck," he gave his friend a small smile before standing up and walking to his room to get changed.

Sam emerged from his room almost on cue, zipping up his hoodie and walking back to the kitchen, starting to fossick through the pantry, "What do we take for snacks?" Bucky shrugged, standing up and joining Sam in the kitchen.

"Hey, FRIDAY, ask Bonnie and Nat what they want for snacks," Sam called out before looking to Bucky, "Steve coming?"

"Yeah. I had to bargain with him for it, though. Said he could say he needs to get to bed early if he's feeling miserable," Bucky smiled as he looked to Sam.

"I feel for him, you know. Just as he thought he'd moved on, especially after you know," Sam shrugged and Bucky nodded in agreement.

"Miss. Romanoff and Dr. Mitchell have requested Doritos, strawberries and Cadbury milk chocolate. They have drinks and popcorn," FRIDAY responded to Sam's earlier question as both him and Bucky began searching the fridge and pantry.

Steve stepped out of his room, wearing sweats and a tight t-shirt as he moved to the couch to pull his fluffy socks and ugg boots on. Sam chuckled at Steve from the kitchen, "Damn, you're cute, man. I gotta get me some of those."

Steve laughed as he shook his head, rolling his eyes at Sam, "You always say that."

"He's waiting for you to buy him some," Bucky laughed, turning around from the fridge with two punnets of strawberries and three blocks of chocolate. Sam winked at Bucky before grabbing the Doritos, the two stepping into their slippers and making their way to the door, Steve springing up from the couch and jogging after them.

The three made their way up and into mine and Nat's little apartment-floor-thing. I still didn't know what to call it.

"Hey, hey, hey," Sam greeted, hugging myself and Nat before making his way to the kitchen, dropping off the snacks and b-lining for the couch. I laughed as we both hugged him back, fist bumping Bucky as he followed Sam before we looked up to Steve.

Nat greeted him enthusiastically with a massive bear hug, of which he returned, before she let go and gestured between Steve and I, "Steve, Bonnie. Bonnie, Steve."