015 | Shopping Spree

"Of course I don't know what colour she'll be wearing, Sam," Steve sighed as Bucky fossicked through dress shirts.

"Aight, so then you wear something neutral," Sam exasperated, holding up a white dress shit.

"Sam, you know wearing white is just asking for trouble," Bucky sighed, taking out a pale blue shirt, "Blue is safe, isn't it? Bonnie likes blue."

"But what if she's wearing something that clashes? Like orange?" Steve jutted out his bottom lip as he looked around the store, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Grey then," Sam nodded, taking out a variety of grey shirts and holding them up against Steve's chest, comparing shades and tones.

"What colour pants would he wear then?" Bucky furrowed his brow, looking up at the manikins for ideas, "Hey, do you still have that leather jacket?"

Steve nodded as he started rummaging through pants, sighing quietly.

Sam exclaimed a rather loud 'ah ha' before pointing at Bucky and jogging off, coming back with a light blue shirt and charcoal grey dress pants with subtle pin-striping. He handed them to Steve and shoved him towards the change rooms, "Your black boots, matching belt and that chocolate leather jacket. I'll be accepting payment in the form of lunch."

Bucky laughed as he watched his friend stomp into the change rooms, crossing his arms over his chest, "I think we should get him a navy shirt, too. It's Bonnie's favourite and you know it's his colour."

"Well look at you go, Optimus Prime," Sam laughed, gently shoving his friend, "We'll get him a navy shirt, too. Cause if I do say so myself he looked like a snack at Tony's party."

Bucky rolled his eyes as Sam burst into laughter, clutching Bucky's shoulder to keep himself upright.

Steve begrudgingly pulled the curtain back a few minutes later to find Bucky and Sam waiting patiently.

"Man, oh, man, you look a million bucks," Sam stepped forward, making Steve do a little twirl, "The waist? Snatched. And damn, that is America's Ass."

Bucky laughed as he pulled Sam away from a highly embarrassed Steve, shaking his head, "You look good, Steve."

"Yeah, thanks," He gave them both a small smile before rolling the sleeves up to his elbows, glancing at himself in the mirror, "I don't know."

"Look, man, just envision yourself with the boots, the belt, the jacket, the motorcycle. Bonnie's arms wrapped around your waist..." Sam sauntered up behind Steve and slowly wrapped his arms around his waist, resting his chin on his shoulder as he gazed at Steve adoringly in the mirror, "...as you two ride off into the sunset."

Steve's cheeks flushed a furious shade of pink as he started laughing, glancing at Buck for any form of help. Bucky was no use, behind them, hunched over in a fit of laughter at the sight before him.

"Fine. But I want something for backup in case it looks bad," Steve sputtered after regaining his composure, carefully unravelling himself from Sam's embrace.

"Already sorted," Sam retorted as Bucky held up a navy blue shirt for him, his eyes a little bloodshot from laughing.

Steve nodded slightly in approval as a small smile played on his lips, his cheeks still slightly pink.

Across the shopping centre, Nat and I weren't having nearly as much luck as we searched the highs and lows of every evening wear boutique and general clothing store. We strutted down the corridor as Nat paused outside a lingerie store, glancing to me as a cheeky smile spread across her lips.