018 | Postponed

A thump and abrupt weight jiggled my bed as my eyes sprung open to find an overexcited Natasha at the foot of my bed, "Tell me about last niiiiight."

I started laughing and pulled the covers over my face, giving her a gentle kick through the duvet, "What time is it?"

"Just after seven," she mused, pulling the covers from my grip, unbothered by the kicks.

"You couldn't wait until after breakfast?" I giggled, propping myself up slightly to face her, lightly smiling.

"Nah, I'm impatient like that," she teased, stretching out on her stomach beside me as she propped herself up on her elbows. "Now, give me all the juicy details."

"Well, a lady should never share too much, but..," I started, my voice pitching up slightly as I thought back on the events of the previous night. "First off, we took his motorcycle and it was amazing."

Nat laughed as I continued babbling about our date, "We got dinner and just got to know each-other a bit more. The band was phenomenal and we had a little dance. Then we went for a walk through this park. There were so many flowers and oh my god - there was this little boy, Riley, and he had this teddy dressed up in a Captain America outfit. He came up to us and Steve was just so good with him, it was so sweet, Nat."

I caught myself gushing over Steve as Nat just gazed up at me in amusement, "Sorry." Nat just shrugged as she gestured for me continue.

"I wanted all the juicy details, Bon."

"Okay, okay. Well, they took a photo and he was over the moon and Steve was just so. Ugh. Anyway, so we continued our little walk for a bit and then he dropped me off. Simple as that," I shrugged, a flush creeping over my cheeks as I dulled down the details of our evening.

"You guys didn't kiss?" She pouted, seeming slightly disappointed, "Surely you guys had a little kiss."

A small smile spread over my lips as I shrugged, giggling quietly, "A lady never tells, Tasha."

"Oh my god. You guys kissed," she squealed and leapt over, pulling me into a tight hug.

I laughed before starting to try and defend myself, shaking my head, "Nooooo."

"You so did, otherwise you would've just denied it," Nat grinned, leaning back to look at me, "Tell me all about it."

"Fine," I grinned, hugging her back as I began gushing over Steve once again, "It was just outside our front door. It was so cute he was like just gently stroking my cheek and his lips were so soft and oh my god, Nat, he asked first. I've never met a guy to ask first and oh my gosh." A giddy warmth erupted over my skin as I struggled to form my emotions into words.

Nat just grinned at me as I continued, giggling quietly, "And youuuu, Miss Natasha. I went to kiss him again and FRIDAY rudely interpreted us."

"You're kidding. I told her to wait until you were inside," Nat groaned before she started laughing, "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. I'm actually kinda thankful. It meant I scored a second date," I spoke as Nat gasped, gesturing for me to explain. "Well, FRIDAY interrupted us and I just said that he'll have to take me on another date if he wants to get a proper kiss. So we're going on a picnic date tonight."

Nat squealed again and hopped off the bed, jumping around my room as I laughed at her.

A few floors up, Steve was stretched out on the boys' couch from the night before, still in his leather jacket, pinstriped trousers and light blue dress shirt, a bright red kiss imprinted on his cheek. Quiet snores fell from his lips as Sam and Bucky made their way out of their respectable rooms, not noticing Steve at first.