(3) Present Day

"Where are you going?" Bucky said as he wrapped his arms around Shayla from behind. 

"Not now James. I have a flight to catch in an hour." Shayla said 

"But Shay doll." He said 

"I said not now. I'm busy I have to finish packing and leave to meet your father. We have a business trip in Tokyo." She said 

"Why is it always you that he needs to take? He has other people at that gigiantic ass building." Bucky said 

"Maybe because I'm the only one that knows how to close a deal." She said as she slammed her suitcase lid. 

"But Shayla today is.." he said but was cut off. 

"I don't care that you had a bad day." She said and left. 

"It's our anniversary Shay." He whispered as he looked down. 

He cancelled their dinner reservations and left the gift bag on her vanity in the closet. Meanwhile  across the street from his penthouse was Harlow Bakery. McKenna was working on a wedding cake when her brother came in with his wife and their 4 year old daughter Rayna. 

"Auntie Kenna!" Rayna said as she tugged on McKenna's apron. 

McKenna pulled out the air pods she had in. "Hey Gabe Raegan and Rayna.." she said 

"Harlow Bakery had a face lift and was brought back to life." Gabe said as he held up the Brooklyn Tribune. 

She rolled her eyes as she walked away. 

"Rayna was you good at preschool today?" As she opened up a container 

"I was very good today. I counted to 5 auntie Kenna." Rayna said as she held up one of her hands. 

McKenna held a cupcake with pink frosting and purple sprinkles behind her back. She squatted down to her niece. 

"You counted to 5. Show me?" She said 

Rayna started to count five fingers. "Good job now I want you to close your eyes. Hold out that hand of five fingers." McKenna said

Rayna held out her hand and closed her eyes tightly. McKenna placed the cupcake in her little niece's hand. 

"Open." McKenna said

Rayna gasped when she saw her cupcake. "Auntie Kenna knows magic daddy." Rayna said 

"Why don't you and mommy go out there and eat that magical cupcake while I talk to auntie Kenna." Gabe said as he picked her up and gave her a kiss.

Raegan and Rayna left the kitchen. 

"You really have turned this place around Mac." Gabe said as she sat up on the counter top. 

She looked down. 

"They would be so proud not just mom and dad but all of our family generations that has worked so hard in this kitchen running this business." Gabe said as he nudged her. 

"Yeah." She said 

"And you managed to do it all while taking care of Gracie. And look at her now she's a sophomore in college." Gabe said 

"How's your fellowship going?" She said 

"It's going good. Dealing with brains all day is so much fun." He said 

She let out a laugh. 

"Order pick up for Winnie Barnes? Where is the box?" Charlotte said 

"The pink one Charly it's the one that says W. Barnes." McKenna said as she hopped off the counter. 

Gabe hugged her. "We will get out of your hair. I just wanted to talk to you." Gabe said 

"It's always nice when you visit." She said as he left. 

She put her AirPods back in and began to finish the cake. Bucky showed up at his mom's who was making dinner. 

"Hey mom." He said 

"Oh hey honey. I didn't expect to see you tonight. You didn't have to be here for Ruthie's birthday dinner I know it's your.." Winnie said but as she turned around she stopped. 

"What's wrong?" She said 

"She's on another trip she acted like she didn't even know what today was." He said as he shoved a mouth full of stuffed mushrooms in his mouth. 

Winnie sighed and hugged him. "It'll be okay. Everyone else should be here soon." She said as she went back to the stove.