(21) McKenna's Surprise Party

Six months later 

It was October 5th Alexis and Melinda both had to keep McKenna away from the bakery. It was her 29th birthday. Bucky with the help of Rochelle and Lucas planned a surprise birthday party. 

It was finally time for the party where everyone was waiting in the dark of the bakery. The girls snuck her in through the back. Alexis kept her hands over her eyes till they were in the front. She took her hands off and Mel hit the lights. 

"SURPRISE!!!!" 

She jumped when she heard everyone and she saw her whole bakery filled with friends and family. Bucky came over to her and kissed her. 

"Happy birthday." He said 

"Thank you." She said with a smile. 

"Welcome." He said 

They all mingled for awhile and enjoyed the party. Bucky nodded to Lucas who looked to Rochelle. She stood in the middle of the room. 

"Can I have everyone's attention. We need everyone to take a spot that isn't here. We need the birthday girl." Rochelle said 

McKenna walked over to her. "Okay you stay here. And don't turn around till we say so." Rochelle said as Makayla walked out with one of the bakeries pink boxes. 

She opened the box and Rochelle pointed to the letter on the lid.

"Remember the day we met, because of I was running late and the donuts were wrong. Lift up the paper to see if the donuts are still wrong." 

She was confused so she left the parchment paper. Inside was pink and green glazed donuts just like that day. She gasped when she read what they were spelling out. "WILL YOU MARRY ME?" 

She turned around and saw Bucky down on one knee with the ring box open. Tears fell as she shook her head yes. He slid the ring on her finger as he stood up. He kissed her. 

"I love you baby." He whispered 

"I love you too. You did this all for me." She whispered 

"I had a little help." He said as he nodded towards Lucas and Rochelle making faces at each other. 

She kissed him. "Thank you for making this the best birthday." She said 

"Oh believe me baby. I will continue to make your birthday the best day ever. It's the most special day of all. It's the day that the woman I love came into this world." He whispered as he picked her up and kissed her.