Old memories

Narrator p.o.v

Flashback

The recruits along with the Levi Squad were sitting on a table on the house they were in before the Military Police came for them. Historia was talking about her background.

Historia: I was born on a small farm in the northern region of Wall Rose. It was on land owned by the noble family Reiss. As far as I can remember, I was helping around the farm. But, my mother was always reading books, and not once did I see her doing housework. She was a beautiful woman. At midnight, someone would come for her in a wagon... And she'd go off with to the city wearing fancy clothes. For me, that was just life as I knew it. After I learned to read and write, I picked up a book to imitate my mother. Only then did I know how alone I was. In all the books, parents cared about their children. They talked, hugged, fought... or so the stories went. I had never experienced any of those things. One day, out of curiosity, I decided to try hugging my mother. I just wanted to see what kind of face she would make.

Historia remembered how she jumped at the lap of her mother.

Young.Historia: Mother!

But her mother had a shocked/angry face. She grabbed Historia's face and threw her away from her. Making Historia do a flip and hit her head, making her nose bleed.

Historia: She ended up shoving me away, but that was the first thing my mother ever did to me. That's why it made me so happy.

Alma (Historia's Mother): If Only I had the courage... To kill the girl... 

Young Historia was still on the ground, watching her mother leave.

Historia: Those were... The first words my mother said to me. After that, she left the house and began living somewhere else. And then, five years ago... One night just days after Wall Maria fell... For the first time, I met my father.

Rod: Nice to meet you, Historia. My name is Rod Reiss... I'm your father.

Historia: That man... He was the lord ruling the land we lived on. - The young Historia looked at the door and saw her mother standing just a few meters away, but she had a terrified face. - My mother I hadn't seen in years looked terribly frightened.

Rod: Historia... You'll be living with me now.

As they were walking out of the house, Historia grabbing Rod's hand, and Alma walking in front of them, a group of men with overcoats and hats appeared, making Alma scream in terror. She tried to run away but was stopped by a man and a woman. The man holding the woman then spoke up

Kenny: This is a problem, Lord Reiss. Let's avoid acting rashly now. Did the fall of Wall Maria make you a little scared?

Young.Historia: Mother!

Alma: No! I am not the mother of that girl! She has nothing to do with me!

Historia just looked at her in shock.

Kenny: Oh? Is that true, Lord Reiss? Do you really have nothing to do with this woman or child?

Rod looked sadly at Historia and then released her hand. 

Rod: So be it... These two here have nothing to do with me.

Kenny: I thought that might be the case. 

Kenny and the woman made Alma kneeled.

Alma: What?! What are you...?!

Kenny: You never existed. - He said as he was pulling out a big curved knife. - You never worked at the state either. Nobody knows who you are.