The beginning of the end

Narrator p.o.v

(y/n) rethought his options again and again, until he finally made a decision, a decision that he already regretted and forever will. 

(y/n): I'm... I'm sorry Lara, b-but I have to protect Frieda. 

Lara: I... I understand...

He weakly stood up, lightning bolts coming out of his body and his eyes emitting dim light, until he felt sharp pains in his body, and fell, barely awake, the last thing he saw before passing out was a bright light.

He then felt himself lying on a sandy floor, but he was back in the real world in an instant, but he was now laying on a bed, in a room he didn't recognize.

(y/n) p.o.v

I woke up in a room I didn't recognize, my head still spinning from what happened in the cave... wait... What happened at the end?! 

(y/n): Lara?... Lara?!

...

... but I got no response... 

I stayed in bed for a while, thinking about if the decision I made was the right one, it's not like it was important since I didn't do anything in the end. I got out of bed but a strong headache made me lay back down, that is when I noticed strange circle marks on parts of my body, they were like bruises but I don't remember getting them, and bruises would usually disappear quickly. I stayed in the bed for a while until the pain was gone, and when it was, I stood up again and examined the room, it was very quiet except for the very squeaky floor, I'm guessing it was because it was an old house since it looked like it. I kept looking until the sound of the door opening caught my attention, I saw Hanji and Oluo standing outside the room.

Hanji: Oh, (y/n) you're awake, you've been asleep for quite a while, get changed and come downstairs to eat, then you can tell us everything that happened to you back in the cave.

(y/n): O-okay.

They closed the door and I guessed they left because I didn't hear their footsteps.

I looked around for my clothes and found them on a table next to the bed, but my shirt had holes in the same place I had my marks... weird. I'm guessing they were from overusing my powers or my pillar breaking from Kenny's shot. I put them on and headed downstairs, I'm wondering how I didn't hear them come to the door or leave, the floor makes so much noise.

When I got down I saw them sitting at a wooden table, with a plate on it, with (f/f)

Hanji: Take a seat and eat your food, I bet what happened to you in the cave was intense. Tell me all about it! 

She exclaimed excitedly.

(y/n): o-ok. 

I didn't really want to talk about it... mostly because of what happened in the end... I still don't know if Lara doesn't want to talk to me because of my decision... or... or if she really is gone...

I sat down and began eating, I took a bite and it was delicious, and I think Hanji noticed, but I didn't mind as I devoured the food.

Hanji: It really is your favorite food, huh?

(y/n): yeah... Wait, how did you know? I never told you guys.

Hanji: a little bird told me.

(y/n): ...right...