eighteen

" Jung Jaehyun. We need to talk in a different room. " Mr. Jung sternly told him.

" Okay. " Jaehyun sighed and got up to a private room with his father, closing the door.

Jaehyun looked at his mother again as she mouthed that she will be fine with the Choi's and deal with them, but Jaehyun was genuinely worried for her.

*SLAP*

" Why are you not stopping that fucking marriage! This is all for business and we're losing stocks because of someone- " Mr. Jung tried trailing off because it was indeed his fault.

" YOU! You're the reason why our business isn't doing so well! You should fucking leave and stop controlling my life. Remember the time you beat me up just for something I didn't fucking do?! It hurts me, it hurts me so bad. " Jaehyun yelled.

" And the times you threatened Eomma, the time you come home late, and the times you had to put on a show for Imo Na! Imo Na doesn't even know that her OWN sister is hurting! " Jaehyun growled even louder. " And that fact you've done it for years, but no! All you fucking do is make a show so that you're the best father ever which is the complete opposite! "

" You have no fucking business to interrupt what your mother and I are doing. This is business! We need to earn money! You're just my prawn and you shall do whatever I say you get it, young man! Do not dare argue back with your father! If Jaeyeon and Doyoung could do it, so can you! " Mr. Jung shouted again.

And this made Jaehyun even mad, not because of the business reason, but he had the audacity, just the audacity to bring up his cousin and his best friend.

" First off, you don't have the fucking audacity to bring Jaeyeon and Doyoung into this. Secondly, not to bring up my cousin's past condition, but those two were genuinely already in love before everything tore apart with both of them and fate brought them together again! Say one more thing about them and I'll make sure to make your life a living hell! "

" Jung Jaehyun! " Mr. Jung shouted again.

" I don't even want to call you my father anymore. " Jaehyun said as he took his leave from the room and his mother watched him in sadness.

-

" Minji, Jaehyun, go home. " Mrs. Jung softly called out as she turned back to the Choi's. " I'm sorry we're going to have to cancel the sudden arrange marriage, but not because of the two, but there are things I need to deal with.

" I might throw a fit but I'll be okay later on. " Mr. Choi sighed. " I hope those two will remain friends at least. "

" Everything will be okay Mrs. Jung. You've endured for so long and I'm proud of you for that. Do what you need to do. " Mrs. Choi rubbed Mrs. Jung's back with her hand.

" I'm going to have a word with my daughter about this. " Mr. Choi stood up to approach his daughter, as they went to a private room to discuss their matters.

Mrs. Jung and Mrs. Choi didn't know about their daughter's boyfriend but mainly she kept it for personal reasons.

Mrs. Jung was well aware that Minji did not like Jaehyun, but she didn't expect Minji to go far as getting herself pregnant to stop the arranged marriage.

-

" So you knew about the marriage long ago and managed to stop it through that? " Jaehyun asked as he was driving Minji home as the girl nodded.

There was still a deal that Jaehyun should show Minji around the building on Monday and the two should remain friends.

" Yeah. My boyfriend is Byun Juhwon. We had marriage plans already but I had to stop this one somehow. There's no point in me marrying Byeolmin's boyfriend. " Minji blurred out.