twenty two

" So we're officially together again right? " Byeolmin asked to make sure. " You didn't properly ask me. " Byeolmin said as she was getting ready to eat her lunch in her bed from what the hospital provided.

" Yes, Kang Byeolmin, be the honor in becoming my girlfriend. " Jaehyun smiled as he fed her a piece of chicken breast into her mouth.

" Of course. Only if it's you. " Byeolmin smiled, chewing the piece of chicken breast that Jaehyun gave her.

" You sure you'll be alright? " Jaehyun asked looking at her bruises.

" I will be alright. As long as you're by my side, everything will be okay. " Byeolmin smiled as she glanced down at Jaehyun's hands.

" It's still on. " Byeolmin pointed out to the promise ring that Jaehyun had given her.

" It's still on you too. " Jaehyun looked at Byeolmin's finger. " I'm... I'm glad you kept it. "

" I should be the one telling you that. " Byeolmin softly scoffed.

" I'm glad that neither of us has it off. " Jaehyun replied as he looked up smiling at her.

" I'm glad too. " Byeolmin took a bite out of her food.

As the two were eating, Jaehyun suddenly scoffed at a thought he has, showing a small smile.

" What's up? " Byeolmin tiled her head, turning her head to the boy.

" Do you know that you're the complete opposite of Doyoung? He's so cold when it comes to forgiving. " Jaehyun made fun of him.

" What can I say? At least I know how to listen compared to him. " Byeolmin chuckled.

" Woah! Is that Kang Byeolmin roasting Doyoung? I can't believe it! " Jaehyun sarcastically made some actions.

" Not the first time I've done it. " Byeolmin winked.

-

Byeolmin had already been discharged from the hospital and chose to live back at Jaehyun's apartment, still having her own separate room.

Doyoung let Jaehyun and Byeolmin off for the entire week to reconcile as 'friends.'

Jaehyun actually changed throughout the week such as not trying to run away from his own problems, now facing them.

Byeolmin on the other hand has been healing from her wounds, but she still doesn't have the confidence to stand up against Kyungmi without her getting mentally hurt.

I should maybe ask Eunae, Renjun, and Haechan for advice. They always know what to say in these types of situations.

Byeolmin was lying in bed in her room when Jaehyun came in with a tray of food. She adjusted herself to get up, with the assistance of Jaehyun, who placed the standing tray on the other side of the bed.

" Breakfast in bed! " Jaehyun cheered as he sat across from her, putting the tray in front of them.

" Someone's excited. " Byeolmin smiled.

The breakfast menu for today was typical bacon, sausage, and eggs with a fruit bowl on the side.

The two ate happily together, conversing with one another.

It was that feeling of happiness that both Jaehyun and Byeolmin craved for a long time.

Jaehyun was patient, knowing that she wasn't officially ready for skinship after traumatic events.

" How was my cooking today? " Jaehyun asked before putting a piece of bacon into his mouth.

" It's very good. " Byeolmin smiled. " I guess those lessons that I gave you really paid off. "