✰ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻 ✰

𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢: 𝙲𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚝𝚘

One hour. It took me about an hour to get to my parents' house, but not because of the distance, but I really wanted to sleep. A piece of me was apprehensive to face them after finding everything out, but I couldn't rule out the fact they both were my parents. So I am now, in front of the house that I used to live in with my parents. I never thought one day I would feel like an intruder in a place so known to me. 

I rang the bell and, as if waiting, my mother abruptly opened the door and hugged me tightly. 

"Sivaangi, how I missed you, daughter," my mother smiled, making me force to smile.

For now, I should pretend everything is fine. 

"Mom, we saw each other a little while ago," I said. 

"It's not a short time," she said taking my bag and I did the same with my other bag. 

I nodded, wondering why dad hadn't come out to greet me yet. 

"Appa has gone out to solve some word problems," my mother said seeming to have read my thoughts. 

"All right," I sighed tiredly, "Can I leave my things in my old room and take a shower before we talk properly?"

"Sure dear, but before you go, tell me one thing: How is your work? going," she asked. I knew she would ask. I turned on my heels in her direction. 

"Normal, why mom," I asked and she just shrugged. 

"I'm just worried about you, daughter. Since you decided to graduate in psychiatry, you always find a way to help mentally ill people, except in this case, I think your patient has no solution," she said and I raised my eyebrows knowing, she didn't really mean it. 

"My patient is progressing very well," I gave a forced smile, "If you would excuse me, I would like to go to my room."

I felt that I was colder with her than I intended, but it is not my fault if I had been hurt by them. They both had plenty of time to tell me about what happened to me. It was not Ashwin's fault for me losing my memory, but my parents were at fault for not telling me about my head trauma.