✰ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟹 ✰

Ashwin came over to me and looked me over before taking a deep breath

Ashwin came over to me and looked me over before taking a deep breath. It looked like he was thinking because an extremely awkward silence has settled and Advik was still on the floor as if he still didn't have the strength to move a muscle.

Suddenly, Ashwin looked at the door where the party was taking place and walked towards it. I widened my eyes and tried to run to him, but I stopped for fear of what he could do. He gave me a blank death stare and I couldn't think straight. 

After a few seconds, I see Uncle and Ashwin talking seriously and when I looked at them, I frowned wondering what was in front of me. Why is Uncle staring at that so disappointedly? I looked where they were now looking and I saw Adivk sitting on the porch bench. Uncle walked over to his son and they both talked for a while until Advik looked at me, sighed, and nodded before getting up and going back inside. Uncle glared at him before patting Advik on the shoulder. 

I turned to him, arms crossed as Ashwin had a smile on his face like he'd won something. 

"What happened?" I arched my eyebrow, prompting him to continue. 

"Do you think I didn't know him," Ashwin chuckled surprised. 

"I was absolutely sure that you didn't know each other personally," I argued seeing him laugh sarcastically. 

"We've known each other for years. I think there's no doubt that we met the first day my father joined me at the asylum," he simply said.

"Hmm...got it...," suddenly I didn't know what else to say. 

"I don't know how you managed to date a douchebag like that for so long," he commented making me more confused.

Ashwin laughed at my confusion and shook his head. 

"How did you know I dated Advik?"

"Sivaangi ma, from the moment I decided to give up being with you, I started to watch over you every day," he responded, staring at me intensely with his dark hooded eyes. I slightly widened my eyes at his revelation. 

"Woww...did it hurt you see me with him," I whispered. 

"Yes, but what can I do, I had to protect you and couldn't act on my impulse," he whispered, looking into nowhere at a particular in the dark night sky. A lone tear escaped my eyes looking at him. I decided to leave the party, because of the tense atmosphere that had just occurred.