✰ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟺 ✰

I took in Ashwin's features

I took in Ashwin's features. I had never seen him like this, so sincere. A smile. 

I got up from the chair, picked up my things, and determined to ask him to stay with me at my house. We urgently needed to be alone and my office is not the most appropriate place. 

I no longer understand our situation. We are married, but at the same time, we don't behave like a married couple in any way. Living at different houses, meeting only under unfortunate circumstances. But I love him and that's already good enough. Because he reciprocates my feelings. Well, he said he loves me and that's really nice. It makes me feel good to know that there is a person out there who has your back in this double-sided world, but a part of me is still afraid. Ashwin might want to go back and make something up so he doesn't want to see me, reasoning that "he wants to protect me". We've been through so much already, and Ashwin might be tired of it.

That thought made me swallow hard as I zipped up my bad, only realizing now that I'd been standing in the same spot for a while. I sighed. I fucking hate my insecurities when it comes to Ashwin. 

"Sivu," I was awakened from my daydream by the raspy voice of the Greek god standing beside me.

I cleared my throat turned around and smiled. 

"Sorry, I'm very tired. I worked too much today and I urgently need to go home...Do you want to come with me," I ended up having enough courage to ask. Ashwin looked at me, maybe sizing me up to see what was wrong. But then suddenly he sighed, as he leaned in, crowding me with his manly figure, and looked straight into my eyes. His face slightly cradled my cheeks, as he slightly pecked my forehead, nose, and then at last my cheeks.