Chapter 19

Danielles P.O.V

I woke up to a call from Megs. "Hey Megan" I said rubbing my eyes. "R..Riddlers....gone..." she whimpered. "What do you mean, he's gone?" I said. I sat up, carefully trying not to wake my sleeping husband. "He's g..gone. Left f..f..forever" she cried and shut the phone. Immidiatly I jumped out of bed. "Where you going?" Asked a tired Jonathon. "Er.. Megan needs me" I said putting on my coat and boots, not bothering to change out of my sweatpants and tank top. I got my keys and phone.and quickly walked to her house. I knocked on her door and Tobias opened it. "Hey Toby, wheres your mom?" I asked. He opened the door wider so I could get in and led me to the kitchen. Megan was crying on the cold floor, with tissues all around her. "Oh my god. Megan come here" I said helping her up. Her head fell on my shoulder and she started crying louder. "Hey hey its ok. Why dont you go into the living room while I make you a cup of tea" I said patting her. She went inside and I got out a mug and a tea bag. After pouring in the hot water and milk I took it to her.
"Tell me what happened from the beginning" I said sitting opposite her. She took a sip and nodded. "H..he said he u..used me... That I..I was just a...d..distraction.." She trembled. Distraction? "Distraction from what?" I asked. "I'm not sure... And he wants..a..a divorce.. I cant cope o.on my own!" she exclaimed. She placed the cup down and dropped her head into her hands and sobbed. I told Tobias to go to my house for a bit. He nodded and left. "Megan I'll help you get through this. Your not alone, in fact you have all of us. Bane, Harley, Joker, Jonathon and Selina" I assured her. "I still love him...but I also want to divorce him.." She said. "I get that you are going through a really tough phase but you need to wait and take time in making decisions. Wait a few days and then we'll come to a solution, yeah? For now just take things easy" I said. "And as for Tobias, I'll take care of him. He doesnt need to know anything yet because nothing has happened like a final decision" She nodded in agreement. I let her finish off her tea and then returned home. I told Jonathon what had happened and he was quite surprised by Riddlers behaviour. Tobias and Harry were playing outside and I decided to make a phone call. "Hello Dani!" greeted Riddler on the end of the phone. "Shut up you idiot. Do you know how much trouble you've caused? You have ruined your own fucking wife! Get your arse back to her now and stop all this shit!" I shouted. I was really angry. He just messed up stuff and he talks like nothing happened. "Now now babe. Its just destiny. She wasnt the right one for me. You are" He slurred the last words. "Riddler shut the fuck up now. I am not your 'babe'. You had a bloody child with her. How can she not be the one?!" I yelled. Jonathon was out so he wouldnt hear. "listen love, she was my distraction from you. I never had stopped loving you Dani. Never will. I couldnt stay with a woman when I was loving another. It went too far with Tobias. But I still kept it in Dani. For you. I love you" He said. I heard sadness in his voice.
I did not understand my feelings at that moment. Everything seemed so complicated. I dont know why but a single tear rolled down my cheek and I fell to the floor. "Please dont say anything else about me. Just go home, to your wife. Forget me. I'm happily married and I'm not going to give up my family. I dont knkw what your plan is but just leave your feeling for me behind" I pleaded. "Sorry cant do that hun. But if you spend a weekend with me, maybe..?" he suggested. "No fucking way" I said. "Then sorry but I wont be back..Bye!" He said. "WAIT! Give me a few days and on friday I'll let you know" I said before he shut the call. I could sense him smiling....

Thank you for reading this chapter!! X love
Naina xoxoxo
Kik name nkazmi112