Chapter 23

I woke up at ten in the morning. I rubbed my eyes and saw that Jonathon had already gone to work. I sighed and flopped out the bed. I tripped over my feet and hit my head on the bedside table. "Ouchh" I whispered and held my hand to my head. Blood dripped down. I got out a tissue and a plaster and cleaned the wound up. Harry came running to me. "Mummy!! Look! Uncle Joey is the best uncle ever! He gave me a pound!" He said showing me the coin. "He said its from England"
"Ooh thats nice. Could you tell him to come into my room for a minute?" I asked. "Sure thing Mum" He skipped back out. I got up to my feet and Joey came in. "What happened to your head?" He asked. "Just bumped it. When are you planning to see Riddler?"
"I was just packing my bag"
"Bag?" I repeated. "Yeah I'm no idiot, Dani. Riddlers a master villain. I aint going next to him without guns and knives" He says.
"He wont hurt you Joey. I know him. He will do anything to make me happy. If that means keeping you alive then he wont kill you" I say. "Still. He is a maniac" Joey swung his bag over his shoulder and then waved goodbye to Harry.

We pulled up outside a deserted park. We hopped out and started walking towards the lake. "Ah dearest Danielle! How are you my love?" I heard a voice. I spun round to see Riddler. "I'm not your love" I.spit. "Your much more than that" He grinned eyeing my body. I felt so awkward standing there. "What do you want from her?" Joey asked. "Is THIS pathetic loser you brother?! Hahahhahahahahaha!" Hs laughed. I saw Joey hold onto the strap of his bag tighter. "What do you want" He said through gritted teeth. "Ooh fiesty! She knows what I want. Her"
Riddler simply answered. "Your not getting her. You had a chance with Megan. And you fucked everything up you idiot. This isnt a game you know!!" Joey blurted out. He was mad. Riddler just chuckled. "Now Joey, be a joey and get lost. It's between me and her" Riddler said. I held Joey's hand. "He isnt going anywhere. Right?" I said. Joey nodded. "Well then. Joey can watch" He grinned and grabbed me by my waist. Joey tried to pull me back but Riddler held out a knife to my throat. "One slick cut and she's gone!" Riddler sang. I started breathing heavily. "How about a kiss my love?" Said Riddler. I turned my face to the side. He yanked it back forcefully with his hands. He leaned forward and thats when I heard a bullet. I screamed, thinking it was me but then I saw Riddler fall to the ground. Blood pumped out his chest as he lay still. I turned to see Joey holding gun out. "The police are going to get me" He whispered looking into the air. "No they wont. Riddler was a villain. They'd be proud" I said. He didnt think so. "Mum and the family back at home. They'd hate me"
"Joey shut up"
"No Dani. I've just killed a man"
"Joey... What are you going to do?" I said.
He lifted the gun to his forehead.

"NO JOEY!!"

AND THERES A CHAPTER!! PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE
LOVE
Naina xoxoxo