Chapter 1

I walked towards my mum's house with Harry gurgling in my arms. He was wrapped in a soft blanket and had a little hat on. London summers were not always warm and sunny. I knocked on the door and my dad opened it. "Hey Dad!" I kissed his cheek. "Your mum has been waiting to see Harold" He leads me into the living room. "Hi sweetie. I'll be there in a sec!" Mum called from the kitchen. I took his blanket off and placed him on the mat that Mum bought him. She loved Harry. She loves all babies! "Hi darling" she said hugging me. "You've gone really skinny" she held me at arms lenght. "Sorry I dont feel like eating anything these days" I sigh. "Its ok. Your bound to be feeling down" she was right. It was Jonathons birthday today. I didnt want to sit at home crying all day. Tears sprang to my eyes. "Here love" she handed me tissues. "I'm just gonna use the bathroon" I walk up the stairs and open the bathroom door. When Im inside I lock myself in. I slide to the floor. A stream of cold salty tears wash my cheeks. His smile...his laugh...his idiotic jokes...

His ugly side...

I shake my head free of the thoughts. I tried not to remember him. But I do. Every single day. "Danielle? Are you ok?" I hear my dad knocking on the door. "Yeah. I'll be out in a minute" I get up and wipe my eyes. Opening the door I see my dad looking worried. "You've been crying?" he asks. I run into his arms and let my tears drench his shoulders. "I..I cant stop thinking about him" I wail. "Shushh.. its gonna be fine. Promise. lets stop those tears now and head back down. Your mum doesnt like seeing you upset" he said wiping my tears. "And you wet my shirt!" he jokes. "Sorry Dad!" I say. "Never mind. Now put a smile on that beautiful face of yours and go down to Harry. I'll change my shirt" he said. I put my fake smile on. "There you go!" He patted my back and went to change. I was smiling on the outside but I was like a dying man on the inside. I walked down to Harry and Mum. "There you are!" Mum explains. I smile. She looks so happy playing with Harry. I love it when my mum smiles. "Do you want something to drink?" She asks me. "Ill get some water" I get up and pour myself a glass of water. I dont drink it but look at it. Thinking, of the time when me and Jonathon and the gang had a water fight at the beach. His smile...his laugh... his idiotic jokes...

His ugly side. I didnt realise I was crying when Mum called me back to reality. "Danielle, are you crying?" she asks. I inhale a deep breathe and turn to her. "No just had a speck in my eye" I say. She sees that I havent drunk any water. "Do you need some rest?" I nod my head. "You can go home, I'll take care of Harry for tonight" she suggests. "I dont want to burden you-" she cuts me off. "Its fine love. You go have some sleep. We'll be fine wont we? She asks Harry. He gurgles. "I guess I'll take that as a yes" I smile. I kissed Mum goodbye and told Dad I was leaving.

So what do you think?? Like? Please comment your thoughts and let me know what you think is going to happen next! Love,
Naina xoxoxo

Kik name: nkazmi112