003| Mudblood

CHAPTER THREE!

CHAPTER THREE!

"Watch where you're going, mudblood."

Y/N L/N AND REMUS LUPIN walked out of the classroom together, chatting along the way. Sirius, Peter, and James were held back by Professor Slughorn because they were late to class, and the pair was more than happy to leave them there.

Remus looked over his shoulder to see Y/n's schedule paper, before asking her,
"What other classes do you have after this?" His head shot up slightly to meet her eyes. "Let me see.." Y/n muttered, as her fingers explored the piece of paper, trying to find her next classroom destination. "Oh, astronomy."

"You still take that class?" Remus asked with a lifted eyebrow. Astronomy was an optional subject now for sixth year students. "Well, i find it quite enjoyable. Compared to the others," Y/n replied.

"I'm guessing you've got Defence against the dark arts?" She began to ask him, taking a peek of his schedule as well. Remus chuckled and nodded, "Yup," He said, "Good guess." Y/n looked up to see his face, finding his ever so adorable smile. "I know you too well," said Y/n, "Maybe you could become a Professor someday."

"With my condition?" said Remus lowly, "No chance." Y/n tilted her head slightly, and told Remus with a reassuring smile,
"Hey, you never know. I think you can do it." Remus grinned, "Well i'm glad that you believe in me."

As they walked, Y/n felt herself bumping into something. Or someone. She looked up, finding a handsome dark haired boy. His facial features were very defined despite how dark it was, and Y/n could see his jaw clenching.

He was familiar.

Regulus Arcturus Black.

He was in the year below her. A Slytherin, a part of Slughorn's club, it was no secret that he favoured the Professor him, really. Just like almost every other Slytherin, he was a pure blood supremacy maniac, who hated muggle-borns more than anything else.

"Watch where you're going, mudblood," said Regulus.

Remus didn't like that. He didn't like that one bit. Starting from Regulus' tone, his glare, and his choice of words. He walked closer to Regulus, towering over him a bit. "What did you just call her?" said Remus in a very hostile voice. Y/n had never heard him speaking in such a furious tone before.

"A mudblood," Regulus repeated, ",That's what she is." He pointed at Y/n, who was standing behind Remus. She kept her eyes on him, as he stared back into hers. Y/n didn't want to look like she was hurt, or scared of him.

"You disgusting-" said Remus, raising his fist up to Regulus' face. But before it hit him, Y/n took ahold of Remus' arm, pulling him away from Sirius' brother. She didn't want the scene to get much worse. "Remus," she called warningly, "That's enough."

Y/n never showed how their words affected her. She just always kept her cool and acted like she wasn't fazed. But those words really really hurt her deep down. Especially now, coming from her friend's brother.

Of course, she knew that Sirius and Regulus weren't the closest of siblings. Sirius had stated multiple times how much he disliked him. But Y/n didn't really know Regulus, so she couldn't judge him. But based on this sole, first encounter, she had decided that she did not like him.

"I know you," Regulus sneered, "Remus Lupin. One of my brother's misfit friends," he said, scanning Remus up and down, "Halfblood, aren't you?" Remus said nothing. Instead, he grabbed Regulus by his collar harshly, staring at him with fury, "Oooh, very eager," said Regulus.

"It really is unfortunate who you surround yourself with," the Slytherin scoffed, looking at Y/n, "A filthy little mudblood like her-" Regulus couldn't finish his sentence, for Remus had already tighten the grip he had around the his neck. "You watch your mouth," said Remus warningly.

"You wanna have a go at me? Go on then," said Regulus, "Have a punch, Lupin. If you really do got
the guts." Y/n tugged on Remus' arm, trying to pull him away. "Be brave, Gryffindor," Regulus mocked, "Isn't that what they all say-"

Regulus was interrupted by Remus throwing a punch at him, hitting him right in his face.

"Remus!" Y/n squeaked in horror. Regulus smirked as he raised his fist as well. "You do have the guts then," said the Slytherin as he punched Remus back. Y/n took Remus' arm and pulled him away, "Let's just go."

Remus finally gave in. Turning back and followed Y/n to walk away. But then Regulus called, "What, Lupin? Giving up because you're little mudblood girlfriend told you to?"

This enraged Remus again. He ran back to Regulus, grabbed his collar again, and warned, "Keep your dirty mouth shut."

Regulus pushed Remus, and pulled out his wand instead of punching him. When Remus noticed, he did the same. They began to cast each other jinxes, hexes, and whatnot. None that actually hit each other, since they both blocked the spells.
"Stop! Just stop! Both of you!" Y/n exclaimed.

"Sir! Sir! Professor Slughorn!" Y/n called out desperately to the Professor, trying to get his attention, to break the two fighting boys up.The teacher who was walking across the dungeon finally noticed. He ran to Remus and Regulus. "Mr. Lupin! Mr. Black!" shouted Slughorn, and they finally stopped, "My office."

The teacher pulled Remus and Regulus, leading them to his office. Y/n only stared at Remus with worry in her eyes. He had never gone into serious trouble before. And worse, she felt guilty because he got himself in a mess because of her.

"It's okay," said Remus, reassuring her with a smile, "Go back to the common room, i'll meet you there." That was the last thing he said to Y/n before Slughorn dragged him away, along with Regulus, disappearing to his office.

Three boys rushed to Y/n, looking worried. She felt a hand on her shoulder, turning back, realizing it was James. "Hey, are you okay?" asked James.
"Did he hurt you or anything?" Peter chimed in, also questioning.

Y/n shook her head and shrugged, "I'm fine." Sirius sighed, and asked Y/n, "He called you a mudblood, didn't he?"

Y/n tilted her head, looking at Sirius in the eyes. They kept eye contact for a moment, neither of them said anything. "It's nothing, Sirius," Y/n finally broke the silence.

"What do you mean it's nothing?" said Sirius, running his fingers through his hair stressfully, "See? This is why i hate everyone in that damn family."

"It's nothing!" Y/n exclaimed, turning her heels and walking back to the Gryffindor common room alone. Leaving her friends in the dungeon