019| Another Confession

CHAPTER NINETEEN!

CHAPTER NINETEEN!

"I like you. More than a friend would."

Y/N L/N WAS WALKING ALONG THE CORRIDOR ALONE, still having a smile on her face everytime she remembered what had happened the other day with Regulus. She never thought she'd be hearing those things from the Regulus Black.

That bloke was really full of surprises, and she was here for it. Y/n hadn't seen her friends outside class in some time – considering she was always on and about with Regulus. Noon, evening, and night.

She did miss her friends – and still thought about Remus all the time. 24/7. Even when she was with Regulus, her Moony would still pop up in her head. She knew she had to talk to him soon. She missed him – she missed all of them.

Suddenly, she felt an arm wrapping itself around her. She was surprised, but the touch was somewhat familiar. "Y/n!" A voice exclaimed happily. Only then did Y/n realize that it was Remus. "Moony?" She smiled up at him.

They continued walking side by side, arms wrapped around each other. "What class do you have?" Remus asked as he looked at her again. Y/n shook her head, "Nothing.. It's a free period for me. Why?"

"Great!" He squealed, "Come with me." Y/n couldn't even say anything, he had already took her hand and ran with it. "Where are we going?" Y/n asked, keeping up with Remus' pace.

"Just a little further this way!" Remus smiled as they were heading towards the lake. The area was still very familiar to Y/n. "Here we are." She took a deep breath as she looked around. "You've taken me to the lake. Why?" Y/n asked.

Remus inhaled sharply, looking nervous. He looked down to his fingers, and then back to Y/n's eyes. His hands was shaking, and his breathing was heavy. "I've got to tell you something," he blurted out.

"Go on then," Y/n said, anxious to hear what he was about to say. He tried to calm himself down, inhaling and exhaling, before he began, "First of all, i'd like to say that i know we haven't been hanging out and i'm sorry for that."

"No worries, Moony, really. It's fine," Y/n nodded, feeling guilty again, because that wasn't really his fault, she was just too occupied with Regulus. "... And second of all, please don't be mad at me when i say this," Remus sighed.

"What?" Y/n asked, heart beating faster.

"I like you. More than a friend would."

After Remus finally said it, he felt like the heavy weight on his shoulders had been lifted off. He felt relieved that Y/n finally knew how he felt – he'd been keeping it in for a while.

"You-- You what?" She asked in disbelief. Don't get her wrong, she was flattered, very flattered. And if he had confessed sooner, she'd say yes immediately. But times are different now..

"And i would absolutely love it if i could have the honor to be your boyfriend," said Remus, taking Y/n by surprise. When he noticed the unpleasant look on Y/n's face, he regretted it immediately. He looked away from her and mumbled, "Shit. I shouldn't have done this."

"I messed up. I messed up real bad," He continued, both of his hands on each sides of his face, pacing around in stress. Y/n tried to talk him out of it  "Moony--"

"Why did i tell myself this was a good idea?" He asked himself, shutting his eyes. Y/n tried to take his hand, "Moony--" she called again.

"You clearly don't like me that way," said Remus, and Y/n was getting impatient, so she took both of his hands and shouted, "Remus, listen to me!" He stopped pacing – looking into her eyes.

"Are you listening?" Y/n asked and Remus nodded. "Good," she added.

"Now would you like me to respond to your confession?"

"Yes. Yes, please."

"Okay.." Y/n sighed, "I've had a crush on you for as long as i remembered." Pleasantly surprised to hear that, Remus asked with wide eyes, "YOU HAVE?"

"I'm not finished," Y/n interrupted, "But.. These days i'm not really sure about who i want or what i want anymore."

His face dropped.

"I'm 17, i don't feel like i want to be in a committed relationship at the moment," She told him, "Dating is a big part of someone's life you know, and i'm not sure if i'm cut for it."

"You're rejecting me?" He asked gloomily – feeling very embarrassed he might add. "Not quite," Y/n shook her head, "I'm only asking you to give me time."

"Give me time to think – to sort out my priorities – to prepare myself for a committed relationship," she explained, "If that's alright with you, of course."

Remus took a deep breath and scanned Y/n's expression. She did seem genuine.
"That's.. That's perfectly fine," he nodded, forcing a smile, "Thank you for giving me a chance. Take your time, Y/n."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be," He smiled, "I'll be waiting for an answer."