036| Best Mate

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR!

"Thank you, James."

Y/N L/N WAS STILL SITTING ALONE IN THE COMMON ROOM, even though it was late at night.

She kept thinking about how her two best friends - Remus and Sirius had abandoned her over a silly misunderstanding.

Of course Regulus was there for her, but her life without Sirius and Remus just didn't feel right.

She heard footsteps coming down from the dormitories. Wiping her tears, she turned her head back to see who it was.

James.

"Hey," said James, smiling slightly, "I promised i'd talk to you."

Y/n felt relieved that James was still there for her. She smiled at him - as he hopped over the sofa to sit beside her.

He hugged her immediately - and she broke down in his arms.

"Don't be like this, Y/n, please," James cooed, resting his chin on the top of her head, "Shit, you're gonna make me cry too."

"I feel like i've lost everything," Y/n sobbed.

James let go of her, instead, he now cupped her face and was wiping her tears away. "Bullshit," he said, "You still have me, don't you?"

"Plus, Moony and Padfoot will come around, just give them time," James added, "And you have Regulus, i guess."

"Do you love him?" he abruptly asked.

"No-" Y/n gulped, but then shook her head, "I don't know, James. It's too soon for that shit."

"Do you love Moony?" James asked yet again. Y/n nodded eagerly, "Yes! Yes i do!"

"Then how come he found Regulus' jumper in your bag?"

"Listen," she started to explain, "I was out looking for him and i bumped into Regulus. It was cold - he gave me his jumper, end of story."

James merely stared at her with an unreadable expression.

"Do you trust me?" asked Y/n softly. James took a moment before responding.

"I do," he nodded. Y/n sighed in relief, resting her head on his shoulder and holding his arm. "Thank you, James."

"Everything will be fine," he reassured, "I promise."

"I believe you - you'd never hurt Moony. I believe you, so you don't need to cry, okay?" James smiled.

"I'm still here," he told her, "I've got you, Y/n, i've got you."