39| Dark Red

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE!

"I just don't want you to leave me."

this chapter is inspired by dark red by steve lacy :)

Regulus hadn't seen Y/n all day. He'd been feeling odd, his heart had been pounding faster than usual, his palms were sweaty. He was worried sick, about something, something he didn't know yet.

But he just had a very, very bad feeling. Like a disaster would soon come to him. He didn't want Y/n to be harmed, he wanted her to be okay, and he wanted her to be with him.

Or maybe it was just his mind playing tricks. Everything was okay, it would be okay, with her, it'd be fine.

He didn't even know where she was, and it began to worry him. Lately, he'd been paranoid for no reason.

"Nothing's happening, Regulus, everything is fine," he told himself, kept whispering to himself. But it did nothing to his benefit.

He began to pace around the empty corridor, mind racing. What if something had happened to her?

When he turned back around, his body clashed with another. He almost fell, but he hung on to a pillar with one hand, and he grabbed the person's hand with the other.

He looked up to find Y/n, a confused expression painted on her face. And eagerly, without hesitation, Regulus threw himself on her and hugged her tight.

Losing her was the thing he feared most in the world.

"You're okay, you're okay," he muffled. "You're okay."

"Of course i am," replied Y/n, as they let go of each other. "I was just at the library, i told you that."

Y/n noticed how uneasy Regulus was, how pale he was. His eyes were wide open, but still looked tired. She grew worried, and took his hand.

"Are you okay, darling?" she asked, "You don't seem well."

Regulus' heart eased whenever Y/n spoke. He let himself sigh. "I'm fine," he tried to reassure her by flashing her a smile, adding a nod too.

But Y/n didn't quite believed that. She led him to a bench and sat him down. "What's wrong, Regulus? You know you can tell me. You look really pale."

Y/n had done this like a million times. Remus had often lied about his well being after the transformation because he didn't want her to worry. Same as Regulus. So she knew that he was lying.

"Uh, i don't know, i keep having bad dreams and i always feel like something bad's going to happen soon, and i just want you to be okay, i want us to be okay," he said all of that so fast, but luckily Y/n understood his point.

She smiled at him and placed her hand on his cheek. "I'm fine, you're fine, we'll be fine. Now i want you to breathe, Reg, just breathe."

And he did as she said. He took a deep breath, in and out. Seeing her smile calmed him down.

"I just don't want you to leave me," he muttered.

Y/n didn't say anything, because she didn't know. She didn't know if she'd stay with him romantically, but platonically, she'd always be there for him. But she knew that wasn't what he wanted.

After that encounter with Remus, Y/n remained unsure.

"You won't leave me, will you?" he asked. He looked like a sad little boy, and the look on his face melted her heart.

"No, i won't."

Y/n wanted to keep her promise. From this day and on, she'd be with Regulus. This poor little thing. She loved him, she loved Remus too, but he had a lot of people around him, who'd always be there for him. Regulus had no one but her, and she didn't have the heart to leave him.