010| Chinatown

CHAPTER TEN!

CHAPTER TEN!

"Wanna take a midnight stroll around London?"

Y/N L/N CAREFULLY SNEAKED PAST LILY'S BED, heading down to the common room. She was trying to go to the shrieking shack, like Sirius told her to do. Even though she knew turning into an animagus was dangerous, and she understood the risks of being an unregistered one, she still wanted to be there for Remus.

As she turned the door knob, it unfortunately made a quite loud squeak. She froze before slowly turning back, to see if her roommates had reacted to the sound. Marlene, Mary, and Dorcas were all still fast asleep - but Lily however, had sat up on her bed, rubbing her eyes.

"Where are you going?" Lily asked Y/n when her eyes had fully opened. She struggled to come up with an excuse, and so she shrugged, "Somewhere." Lily smirked knowingly, "With Moony again?" she asked. "Oh shove off, Lily," Y/n replied with a groan, before she opened the door and headed out.

She had reached an empty corridor when she heard faint sobs - like someone's cries. She had heard the same sobs back when she was sneaking to the kitchens with Remus - and she heard it at the same spot.

Y/n thought it couldn't be Mrytle's cries. Her voice wasn't as deep as this. So Y/n looked around the corridor, trying to find the source of the sound. "Hello?" she called out, "Is anybody here?"

Y/n looked behind a pillar and found a dark haired boy sitting on the floor. His knees were brought up to his chest, and his face was buried there. But when the boy looked up, Y/n could recognize him, despite how dark it was.

"Regulus Black?"

She asked in shock. She wasn't expecting to see Regulus Black crying alone in an empty corridor. "Were you crying?" Y/n added another question. But he wiped his tears away, and dismissively scoffed, "Mind your own business."

"But were you cry -"

"Run along," he interrupted, looking straight to the wall in front of him - his eyes looked empty. "Leave me alone," he added. Y/n slid down and sat beside him, her legs crossed. "What are you doing here? It's way past curfew," she asked.

He seemed a bit annoyed that she did the opposite thing he told her to. She glanced at her for a minute, but then looked back ahead. "I can ask you the exact same thing," said Regulus through his gritted teeth.

"Is everything alright with you?" Y/n asked in a concerned tone. Regulus was a bit taken aback He didn't expect her to ask that. He furrowed his eyebrows and said, "What?"