008| Teasin'

CHAPTER EIGHT!

CHAPTER EIGHT!

"I think you're in love."

Y/N L/N DIDN'T TELL HER FRIENDS about her run in with Regulus Black and their little trash talk. She wouldn't want them to get into trouble because of her again. She knew Sirius was short tempered, and would probably hex the hell out of his own brother.

They were rounded up in the boys' dormitory. Y/n and Lily were sitting together on Peter's bed, while he was sitting on the floor. James was laying on his bed, causally staring at Lily. Sirius was also laying on his own bed, while Remus sat by the window, reading or writing something.

"I've come to a conclusion," said Sirius abruptly. Y/n sighed, "Oh Merlin, what is this about again?"

"So.." Sirius started, pointing his finger to Y/n, and then to Remus, "You guys have been hanging out a lot." Y/n lifted an eyebrow and pointed out, ".. Yes? We all have since first year." Remus only glanced up for a brief moment, before looking back down to his book.

"But you guys are giving me.. James and Lily energy for some reason," said Sirius, and Lily immediately interjected. "Do not put my name and his in the same sentence like that," said Lily, pointing her finger warningly at Sirius.

"Fuck no, Padfoot," said Y/n, "None of us are chasing each other like James is." James sat up from his bed, and scoffed,
"It is called effort." Lily instantly added, "And it is annoying."

"Try a few more subtle moves, mate," Remus finally spoke up, voicing his suggestion to James. Prongs' eyes narrowed as he questioned his friend.
"Since when do you know about how to approach people?" he asked, but then his mouth hung open in realization, "Oh right- Since Y/n."

"Oh hush," Y/n rolled her eyes. "I actually think you guys are soulmates," said Peter, before Y/n asked him, "Platonically?" To which he shook his head, "No."

"I think you're in love," said Sirius, "Both of you. It isn't one sided."

"Love?" Y/n laughed, "That's a strong word for two seventeen year olds." Remus looked up at her and frowned. He didn't know why he was upset - or why he was expecting another answer from her.

"But it is true," James shrugged. Y/n only laughed again as she said, "We are not in love."

Remus looked down to his own lap, and fiddled with the pages of his book.

"What do you have to say to that, Moony?" Peter asked. And Remus replied lowly, "I don't know," as he kept his head down.

"He said he doesn't know -" James started. "Which means he is clearly hurt by what you said," and Sirius added.

"I'm not," Remus shrugged.

"Oh just be honest. You've liked her since first year," Sirius laughed, then Remus took his book, got up, and left the room, shutting the door behind him.

The other five friends watched in utter confusion as he walked away.

"Look at what you've done," said Lily to the boys, scolding them. Sirius furrowed his eyebrows and then exclaimed, defending himself, "I didn't mean to upset him! It was all just jokes!"

"Fun banter, you know?" James added. And Peter chimed in, "I know for a fact he didn't take that seriously, he's just annoyed."

"I'm starting to get annoyed too, actually," said Y/n with a sigh. Sirius rolled his eyes playfully and said, "But i do know you actually liked all the teasing. Because you do want to end up with him."

"You do not know that."

"I've seen the way you look at him. We all have," said Sirius.

"Your eyes kinda sparkle abit," Peter joined.

"And there are these tiny hearts," James added.

"I do not have tiny hearts in my eyes when i look at him."

"Yes you do!"

Dear diary,

I've always told you how attractive i think Y/n is. Not only physically, but also the beautiful heart she has. She's very kind, and lots of fun to be around with.

I've felt this for a while now. This very pleasantly odd and new feeling. Ever since i started to grow up and started to understand things and the definition of love better.

I'm not completely sure if this is romantic love, but i do love her (platonically) so so much and appreciate her.

But with that being said, i'm also attracted to her, i just don't know how to label the feelings yet or what to make of it.

All i know that Y/n L/n is definitely one of a kind.

- Moony