043| Death Eater

"Regulus," Y/n called.

She found him again. At the middle of the night, she sneaked out to find him. She knew where to look, his usual spot, near the kitchens, on the stair steps in the entrance hall.

He had his face burried in his knees. Y/n knew Regulus realized now that she was there but he just didn't care to acknowledge her.

Y/n had enough. She stomped toward him, before sitting down on the steps too. She gave his shoulder a shake, and asked agressively. "Okay, i can't do this anymore. Seriously. What is up with you?"

"You wanna know?" he finally looked at her. "I'm a death eater. A fucking death eater, that's what's up with me."

He said it so emotionless. Like he didn't feel bad about it, and his tone sounded like he was blaming her.

Y/n stared at him, jaw hung open. Death eater? A group devoted to rule over muggles and muggle born, to look down on them, to kill them, enslave them, her Regulus was a part of that? Knowing Y/n herself was a muggleborn?

She couldn't believe it. She couldn't believe he was so cruel, so hateful. He changed so quickly.

"What?" she stood up. "How could you? You know i'm a muggle born, Regulus."

Regulus stood too, now towering over her. "How could YOU?" he spat.

"What do you mean?" Y/n asked in anger. "We're talking about you being one of Voldemort's followers, this is crazy!"

"You are driving me crazy, Y/n, you know that? You're stressing me out! I don't know how you feel about me or about him! Do you love him or me?"

"Who?"

"Don't even try to play dumb," he scoffed. "He told me about the letter."

"Regulus, you are unbelievable–"

"I want to be with you only when you're 100% sure, Y/n," he said."

"So you think being a death eater is justified because of this?"

"I feel like it's the way for now," he told her.

"Way for what?" she asked.

"To feel validation – to be appreciated – i don't know! I don't feel like i get that from you. My family's really proud of me, Y/n, and it feels great."

"This is serious, Regulus. This is dangerous," she warned, fighting the urge to cry.

"I know."

"And you're still doing it even when you know it's wrong?" she couldn't help it this time, tears started falling out of her eyes.

"I'm sorry," he apologized, and looked up at her eyes.

"Oh don't cry," he huffed. "Fuck this."

Regulus started to walk away. "Where are you going?" Y/n asked.

"I can't be dealing with this right now."