020| Which One?

CHAPTER TWENTY!

CHAPTER TWENTY!

"People say first love never dies, Y/n. You'll carry that feeling forever."

Y/N L/N WAS LEFT WANDERING through the corridors alone, mind full with thoughts. She couldn't begin to understand how this all had happen. 2 completely different boys at the same time.

One was kind, always been kind, exceptionally brilliant, yes, always have been there for her, always such a good comfort, only a fool would turn such a man down. Such a caring man.

She had a bit of a rough start with the other one, that was for sure. But he soon proved himself to be fun to be around. A new kind of fun for her. It felt dangerous to be with him, it felt challenging. And that intrigued her more.

She had multiple of questions, that was for sure. But one kept ringing through her head:

Why now?

Why did Remus figure out his feelings for her just now? Out of all the possible time scenarios, he chose the one where Regulus confessed too. It made matters difficult, of course.

Y/n was convinced the universe hated her for making her pick one of them.

By the time Y/n reached the common room, she didn't speak a single word. Not one left her mouth. She went straight upstairs instead.

There it was, Lily. Marlene, Mary, and Dorcas were probably out somewhere, while Lily was hiding away from James.

Y/n gasped for air as she sobbed, plopping down on her bed. She didn't know how to walk away from this without hurting one's feelings, or her own.

"What's wrong?" Lily asked worriedly as she came over to the crying girl. Y/n knew she had told herself that she'd keep all of this a secret– her relationship with Regulus.

But she figured she needed someone to talk to about it. She couldn't keep it to herself forever. Besides, it was Lily. Y/n would trust her life with her.

"Moony confessed to me," she replied in sobs, "He said he wants me to be his girlfriend." Lily, with utter disbelief and confusion wrapped her arms around her as a sign of comfort. But she couldn't help but ask, "He did? Well isn't that great news?" she then added, "You've liked him ever since your eyes landed on the bloke, why are you crying?"

Y/n looked at Lily's green eyes and she was certain that she would trust her with this. "Because it's not that simple anymore," Y/n finally blurted out. "Why is it not?" Lily asked, rightfully confused still.

Y/n sighed, "Promise me you won't tell anyone." Lily nodded in agreement, offering her pinky finger, "Pinky promise." After they intertwined their fingers in the so called pinky promise, Lily asked again quite curiously, "So what's wrong?"

"The problem is.. Regulus Black confessed to me too the day before," Y/n told her, feeling a rush of relief washing over herself. Although Lily, was more than surprised. "REGULUS BLACK?" she repeated in a question tone, very loudly.

"Hush!" Y/n exclaimed, covering her best friend's mouth. "I'm sorry– But Regulus Black?" Lily asked, utter disbelief in her eyes. "When– How?"

"Remember when i woke up late for the first time and looked really tired?"

"Yes?"

"I was sneaking out with him to London the night before," she told Lily, "It wasn't intentional, i bumped into him and he needed a shoulder to lean on."

"So that's why he didn't taunt us in the morning?" Lily mumbled as she recalled every bits of brief encounters with Regulus Black. Not once did he say any upsetting words to her. Y/n nodded, "So for these past couple of months i've been hanging out with him."

"That's why you were always defending him.. Saying that he has a good side?"

"Yes, because i saw it!" Y/n exclaimed, "I saw his good side, Lily. It's there!"

"He even kissed me the other day, i just–" Before Y/n could finish her sentence, Lily shouted, "KISSED YOU?"

"Yes! He was gentle and sweet.. But Moony.." Y/n trailed off.

"Oh Y/n," Lily sighed, "I know that it's hard, but you're going to have to choose." Y/n looked at Lily like she was the most clueless and confused person in the world.

"Either Regulus Black, Remus Lupin, or neither," Lily added, "So you either hurt one of their feelings, or both at the same time."

"I can't leave them hanging forever and live double lives like this," Y/n complained. "Exactly," said Lily, "How do you feel about Regulus?"

"He's annoying sometimes.." Y/n shrugged, smiling at the thought of him, "Bit of an arse, but he's fun."

"What about Moony?"

"I'm always and always over the moon when i'm with him," Y/n gushed, "He makes me feel special and he always makes the best effort to help me feel better."

"He's such an amazing person. He's smart, and always such a good friend, always so sweet. He's so kind and.. And.."

"And?" Lily requested her to carry on.

"Those eyes," she chuckled, "Always so dashing, always so charming."

Y/n realized how she went on about Remus. She talked about him like he was the only person in the planet who mattered to her, who she paid close attention to.

She talked about him as if she was madly in love. But love is certainly a strong word for teenagers she thought. So what was it exactly?

Lily also noticed Y/n's tone and choices of words when she talked about Remus. So she patted her on the shoulder and said, "I think you know who to choose now." Y/n let out a sigh before nodding, "I think so too.

"People say first love never dies, Y/n, you'll carry that feeling forever."

"I'm not in love with him," She chuckled, rolling her eyes playfully.

"Your facial expressions say different."

Was Y/n L/n truly in love with Remus Lupin?