035| Traitor

inspired by olivia rodrigo's traitor :)

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE!

Remus Lupin knew.

He knew from the moment he saw Regulus and Y/n talked at the party, the moment he heard Regulus say "You'd be surprised."

But he played dumb anyway. Pretended that he had no clue, just to keep Y/n around.

But he couldn't keep doing that. Not when he suddenly found Regulus' piece of clothing in his girlfriend's bag. He loved her, but he'd had enough

And now, the moment they split, Y/n went to Regulus.

She said they weren't close at all, they merely bumped into each other a couple of times.

But then there they were – out and about together. Glued to each other every second of the day. Even went to their place. And the worst part was he had to see them there.

She made him believe she loved him, and only him.

But all this time, there was another person in her head, running through her mind.

He wasn't the only person she thought of, not the only person keeping her up at night.

Hell, he thought that she might had imagine doing all the things they did together with Regulus. He wondered if everytime they went on a date, Y/n pictured Regulus with her, not Remus.

Remus couldn't fathom the fact that his best friend, love of his life, someone who was willing to risk everything for him, was a traitor all along.

He sobbed – and sobbed. All he could do was sob.

A pathetic werewolf whose girlfriend is now with a rich Black, he thought. Who was he? He was nothing compared to Regulus.

Why would Y/n want to be with a poor werewolf boy, when she could have a rich pure blood, someone from a sacred 28 family?

Why would she choose Remus over Regulus?

Remus thought a werewolf like him was never worthy for Y/n.

"Moony?" he heard someone came into the room. He looked up, finding Sirius. Remus quickly wiped his tears away, scooting to make room for his best friend.

Sirius sat on the bed and stared at him for a while – before pulling him for a hug. Remus just cried, and cried in his arms.

"You don't have to hide anything from me," Sirius cooed, "I know you're sad, i know you're crushed – and i'm here for you, you got me?"

"How stupid of me to think that she'd want to be with a sad werewolf," Remus cried, "She's got someone who's rich and powerful now."

"Stop saying that," said Sirius, "You are a great, great person, and i don't know why a smart person like Y/n can't see that."

"I don't know what she sees in my brother," Sirius continued, "You were the one who was there for her at her lowest point, not him."

"Apparently i wasn't good enough," Remus sniffled.

"If you weren't enough, then i guess nothing is ever enough for Y/n," Sirius replied, "She should've seen how good you were for her. Not run to someone who called her a mudblood multiple times."

"How funny it is when you were defending her from him, and yet she came to him."

"I'm here for you, mate," said Sirius, "I'm always here for you."

Dear Y/n,

I wish that you thought this through before i fell in love with you.

I hit rock bottom.

Hope you're happy though.

- R.J.L