022| Bitter

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO!

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO!

"Remus. He's the one."

Y/N L/N WAS HEADING TO THE COURTYARD, where she told Regulus to see her. Her heart was racing, worried for his reaction. Knowing Regulus, he probably wouldn't take it well.

She kept inhaling and exhaling deeply as she walked, telling herself that Regulus would respect her decision. Her soft footsteps turned into stomping noises as she approached their rendezvous spot.

She prayed that this would end well, but realistically, it wouldn't.

Regulus, who was sitting under a tree, saw Y/n walking up to him. A smile appeared on his face immediately, greeting her warmly. Y/n's cheeks turned into a bright shade of pink, staring at him. She'd always blush whenever Regulus flashed a smile at her.

"Hi, Cherry," said Regulus as he stood up. Y/n nodded in response, only saying the word, "Regulus." His lips twitched into yet another smile as he took her hand, offering her to sit down on the grass.

But Y/n shook her head, politely rejecting. Regulus was a bit confused at her sudden coldness. Her face wasn't as bright and happy as it usually was. She wasn't as cheerful around him, wasn't as loud, wasn't as affectionate.

"You said you wanted to talk?" Regulus asked quite nervously, seeing the current situation. "Yeah.. It's important," Y/n sighed, crossing her arms so Regulus could not attempt to hold her hand again. "Go on then, i'm all ears," said Regulus, he started getting uneasy due to the tension.

"I've made my decision," Y/n said, and Regulus tried to be optimistic. He told himself that it'd be him, that the connection he felt between them was real and mutual. "Have you?" he chuckled, "And so?"

Y/n huffed, trying her best to avoid eye contact with Regulus. She couldn't bear to see him hurt, but she believed she made the right choice. "Remus. He's the one," she confessed.

His heart dropped to his stomach. Regulus' smiley facade faded instantly. His chest rose up and down, breathing heavily. He felt like he just shattered into a million pieces. "What?" he said in a shaky voice, eyes glimmering with tears.

"I've made my choice," Y/n gulped, trying to not sob, "And i'm sorry, Regulus." He still didn't believe it. He couldn't believe it. Regulus broke into laughter – trying to tell himself Y/n was just joking. "Stop messing around," he cackled, playfully pushing Y/n's shoulder.

"I'm not mess–" Y/n sighed, looking at Regulus' hopeful face only broke her even more. "Please don't make this harder than it already is." He shook his head, trying to grab her hands once more but she moved away. "What do you mean don't make this harder?" he scoffed, "This is a sick prank, Cherry. I told you to stop messing around."

"Look, Regulus.. Me and Remus are official."

"Official?" His eyebrows furrowed, "What do you mean, official?"

"We're dating. We're together."

"No, you're not. Stop lying to me."

"I'm not lying," Y/n shook her head. "That's all i came here to say. I guess i'll just go," she had already turned back, was already walking away from him. But,

"Cherry," he called, taking Y/n's hand to make her turn back, "You walked into my life, you made me feel..  You made me feel things, and now you just wanna walk right out? That's not how it works!"

"Regulus, listen —"

"No! You listen!" He shouted, "I was at a point of my life where i just felt nothing. And then you came, and —" Although Y/n interrupted his rambling, shouting back, "But Remus is the one i want!"

"No he isn't!" Regulus shouted louder– much much louder, even startled Y/n a bit, but she wouldn't let it show. "He is!" she exclaimed once more, "I had no intention falling for you when i first saw you crying in that corridor. Meanwhile — For most of my school years, adoring him is all i have ever known."

"Do you think i was intending to fall for you too?" Regulus argued, "It just happened!" He ruffled with his hair stressfully, inhaling deeply.

"You were the last person i thought i'd ever have feelings for!" He continued, tears streaming down his face now, "But it just happened, Y/n!"I can't control this! But my heart chose you."

"He's the one, Regulus. I'm sorry but he's who i want."

"How could you do this to me?" He sobbed, his appearance was now all messed up. With that gloomy look on his handsome, sculpted face, his dark messy locks, his untucked shirt and his loose Slytherin tie. "Regulus.. Remus is my boyfriend. He's in love with me —"

"But are you, though?" he interrupted, "Are you in love with him?" They merely stared into each other's eyes for a moment. She didn't say a word. Looking at Regulus made her unsure– unsure and scared of her feelings. "Answer me, Y/n."

His voice shook her back to reality. Quickly, Y/n looked away. "Yes," she replied, "Yes, i am in love with him. I have been for the longest time."

"I'm sorry, Regulus," Y/n sighed, "But you can't expect me to leave someone i've known and cared for these past 6 years for someone i barely know." His eyebrows furrowed, his expression looked upset as ever. "Don't say that like i'm some stranger," his voice broke as he said that.

"I know nothing about you! You've never opened up," she shouted, "Even though i've told you everything there is to know about me."

"I'm not blaming you," she cooed "And i'm flattered that this little thing chose me," Y/n added, pointing to his chest.

"But my heart chooses him."

"Goodbye, Regulus."

He didn't want to accept it, but the truth was.. She had left him. Remus was her chosen one.

a/n; dont worry team reggie it still aint done yet!! good things take time :)