017| Helping Him

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN!

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN!

"We can't help him, Y/n. He's done."

Y/N L/N WAS CHILLING ALONE in the Gryffindor common room. She had ditched class - which was herbology. She didn't really care for plants, especially not after what happened.

Y/n accidentally swallowed her mandrake leaf. Meaning, if she really wanted to become an animagus, she had to start the process all over again.

This set her in a bad mood, so she chose to not attend class and have the common room all to herself.

Or so she thought.

Sirius appeared in the doorway, shaking his head at her, trying to contain his own laugh. Y/n rolled her eyes, figuring out that Sirius had ditched too.

He walked over and plopped down beside her, leaning back lazily. "Sorry to hear about the mandrake leaf. It must suck having to start over," Sirius said.

"Yeah.. But anything for our Moony," Y/n sighed. Sirius chuckled and agreed, "Anything for our Moony. Indeed."

"Hey.." Y/n started, "Serious question.." Instead of taking Y/n serious like she told him to, Sirius laughed instead. He exclaimed, "Ha! Sirius, serious." He was still chuckling when he noticed the dead expression on Y/n's face, and his smile faded completely. "Okay, i'll stop."

Y/n inhaled a sharp breath, trying to ask without hitting a sensitive spot - without making Sirius upset. She finally spat it out - asking, "Have you ever thought of fixing things with your brother?"

She just had to know.

"Why did it escalate to this?" Sirius returned the question as his posture visibly stiffened. He looked much calmer before Y/n mentioned Regulus. "No — just — just tell me. Have you thought about it?" Y/n pushed for an answer.

"What are you implying?"

"I asked you a question."

"Fine, then my answer is no!" Sirius exclaimed, "He's vile —" Before he could even finish his sentence, Y/n interrupted, "I don't think he is."

"WHAT?" Sirius' eyes widened, looking insanely shocked by Y/n's remark. That shocked expression soon turned into a confused one. "Are we talking about the same person right now?" "Yes!" Y/n nodded, "Regulus Black."

"Are you actually being serious?" said Sirius, and she shrugged, "You're Sirius."

"No — this isn't the right time for jokes, Y/n."

"Well — i think Regulus is decent."

"DECENT?" Again, he asked in a very surprised tone and manner.

"He's not a bad person —" Y/n started, but Sirius immediately interrupted her.
"How could you know?" He asked aggressively.

"He's just confused, Sirius!" Y/n shouted, defending Regulus. "Confused?" Sirius scoffed, "He wasn't THAT confused when he called you a mud blood was he?"

Y/n rolled her eyes in annoyance, and stood up. "Can we stop bringing that up?" she yelled. "I just think it is so odd for you to be saying this about him," said Sirius, "You don't know him, Y/n. I do!"

"Do you, though?" She asked, leaving Sirius more confused, "What?" Y/n continued, "Have you ever had a heart to heart conversation with him?"

"I don't need to," Sirius replied. "Why?"
"Because i already know that he's stupid enough to obey my parents. Stupid enough to be like them."

"That's the thing, Sirius! Maybe you can help him get out of that mind set."

"I've tried!"

"I don't think you tried with the right approach."

"Why are you saying all these things about him?" Sirius suddenly asked her, and Y/n tried to come up with an excuse in her head. "Because i just —" she stuttered.

"You what?"

"I just find him interesting. That's all."

"Interesting?"

"Yes!"

"You clearly haven't seen who he really is," said Sirius. We can't help him, Y/n. He's done." This made her eyebrows furrow. "What do you mean he's done?" Y/n asked.

"The bloke's a big fan of Voldemort," Sirius revealed, "You know who that is?"

"Of course i know who that is."

"Then there you go."

"Regulus is.. Let's just say he's hard to help, Y/n." Sirius sighed, "Whatever you're trying to do, just stop. Not everyone has a good side to them."

But there had to be some good in Regulus. She saw it. Regulus Black, in fact, had a good side. Y/n L/n could confirm it.