034| Comfort

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR!

"You do know that i'm here for you, don't you?"

IT WAS AFTER CLASS, Y/n was outside, waiting for the boys. Her eyes lit up when she saw the four of them, laughing as they walked through the classroom together, heading towards the door.

Y/n saw Remus tug his backpack, and she was waving at him. Smiling widely.

The boys approached the door, Remus was the first one to exit.

"Hey, Moony, are you up for-" Y/n tried to talk to him. He completely ignored her. She frowned, seeing Remus walk past her like she wasn't even there.

Up next, came Sirius. So like a good friend she was, she greeted him. "Sirius, do you want to-" Just like Remus, he walked past her like she was invisible.

Y/n looked back, seeing Sirius and Remus talking like nothing happened.

Peter was next to exit the class. And as Y/n called to him, "Pete-" He placed his hand on her shoulder, and forced a smile, "I'm sorry, okay?"

James soon walked out.

"James?" she called. He sighed as he looked at her. James pulled her in for a hug, and tightly held her. "I promise i'll see you later," he whispered as he broke the embrace, "I promise."

"Well do you know where the girls are?" Y/n asked, looking for her other friends.

"You won't be needing the girls," said a familiar voice. Y/n just so happened to find a dark haired Slytherin boy walking over to her.

"I see you've got company," said James, walking away, "I'll leave you to it."

"If it isn't my favourite person," Regulus smiled. But Y/n, was frowning. He then joked, "Oh, Y/n, you look so happy to see me."

"I'm sorry," she apologized, as he slung an arm around her, "I mean if you just got ignored by your friends i'm sure you'd have a long face too."

"The thing is i don't have any of those," Regulus said, "I only have you."

"And i don't want to see you upset, ever," he added, "So what do you say we go to the music room?"

"Why would we go there?" Y/n asked, chuckling. "You see, you happen to be a musical genius," Regulus said, "And i happen to be someone who has never been interested in music before i met you."

"You want me to teach you?"

"Congratulations," he laughed, "You cracked the code."

They headed to the music room on the fifth floor, and once they finally arrived, they sat together and played the piano.

"Okay, so play this key," she instructed him.

"And then this."

"This one."

"What song is this?" Regulus asked, as the tune continued.

"It's by a muggle band," Y/n replied. "It's called good old fashioned lover boy."

Good old fashioned lover boy. The song Y/n and Remus danced to in this very room. And then Sirius walked in, teased them about it. They laughed, all danced together, planned a party. And it was all perfect. Y/n and her best of the best friends.

And she didn't have that anymore.

Regulus looked over to her, finding Y/n frowning. He worriedly tapped her shoulder gently. "What?" he asked, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know.." she sighed, shutting her eyes, "I just-"

"You what?" he asked worriedly.

"I don't think i can last being without Remus and Sirius," Y/n said gloomily as she stood up, "They're two of the closest people in my life, i mean.. They're the best, honestly."

"So what you're saying is?" Regulus asked, standing up as well.

"I'm saying that i miss my best friends, that's all," Y/n sighed, "I've never had a fight with them or anything, and this is the first time i've ever been so distant to them, and it sucks."

"You do know that i'm here for you, don't you?" he said, pulling her in for a hug. "I appreciate that, Regulus."

But she got deja vu.

As they shared the warm embrace, the door creaked open. Remus. His face dropped when he saw them, and began stuttering nervously. "Oh," he gulped, "Oh well-"

"Remus?" Y/n said, breaking the hug with Regulus immediately. Out of instinct.

"I'm sorry for bothering you two," he cleared his throat nervously, and tidied his collar, "I wanted to practice my piano skills, you know. Figured i needed some type of entertainment, but i'll just get back to it later."

He left, closing the door behind him.

And Y/n remembered something, again.

It was a Sunday morning, a day after his transformation, and Y/n wanted to cheer him up. She took him to the music room, her favourite place in the entire castle.

He was her friend, her best friend, and she just wanted him to be okay, wanted him to feel good about himself.

"You know what, whenever you're sad about something, i want you to go here, and i want you to play the piano," Y/n said to him, making him blush.

"I can't play the piano," he chuckled.

"Well, i want you to practice," she replied, "It's relaxing, trust me."

Sure was deja vu.

this chapter is described like exactly how it happened in my dream

also double update today! scroll to see moony's pov