When you ask them to read to you

Arthur:

When you ask him to read you something, it depends on the thing. If it's a book, he will awkwardly decline. If it's because you are curious what he wrote down in his journal, he will tell it to you if it isn't anything too personal/private or something he simply doesn't feel comfortable sharing. If it's a sign on the road, he will glance at it and tell you what's on it before chuckling and telling you that you should learn to read better so you can read these signs yourself without his help.

John:

He will proudly read it, mostly to show off that he can read since some people think he can't. If you fall asleep while he's reading, he will awkwardly look around, unsure if he should continue reading out loud or stop reading, so he will just silently read the book further and let you sleep in peace.

Dutch:

He will gladly read you some of his favorite books, and then marvel about them to you. If you try to disagree with him and tell him that Evelyn Miller isn't so great, he will defend those books to the death and even grow a bit annoyed/angry that you disagree with him. But if you marvel with him, he will be so happy and talk about it for hours.

Hosea:

Politely ask him to read you a book and he will be glad to read for you. You can even decide which book you want him to read out of his book collection. He will get cozy with you and then begin reading the story to you.

Charles:

He will glance at the book in your hands before chuckling, you reminding him of a child that wants to be read a bed time story before telling you he will do it after he has gone hunting and helped Arthur. So once he was done, he approached you, asking you if you still want him to read that book to you.

Javier:

He will raise his eyebrow before taking the book to see what it is about. If he dislikes the book, he will read it but make it fun for himself by acting out each character over exaggeratedly or complaining about how some things don't make sense in English. If he likes the book, he will pat the spot aside him so you can sit down before he begins reading it seriously.

Kieran:

He only knows how to read a few simple words so he will awkwardly tell you he's never been much into reading and he thinks the horses need attending before hurrying away, wondering if he should continue learning how to read so he can read a whole book with ease to you.

Mary-Beth:

She loves reading to you. She will happily reading her romance stories to you, sometimes interrupting the story to fascinate about the story or the characters or how romantic a scene was and how you two should do something so romantic as well.

Sadie:

She will do it while mocking the way the people speak and how dramatic everything is, giving each person a different personality and accent. When she tries to do an accent she sucks at, she will be stuck laughing and trying to get the sentence out.