When you want to read to them

Arthur:

He fell asleep. Not because you were boring or such, far from that even. He lives a stressful life and finally he was allowed to just lay against a tree, relax, let his guard down, and listen to your voice as you read some book you thought he would also like. He fell asleep without realizing, only realizing when you woke him up to tell him you both should go back home before it turns dark. He mumbled a yes, getting up. As you two walked home, he awkwardly said a sorry, referring to how he fell asleep during your reading.

John:

He didn't have a clue why you were reading to him because he's not a child anymore, but he liked how you looked while doing it and your voice was fun to listen to so he didn't complain and just listened while continuing to do his thing.

Dutch:

He likes it when he can lay his head on your lap and you just read him a book while gently playing with his hair. It makes all his worries and stress go away and just lets him relax and enjoy some rare quality time with you.

Hosea:

He likes it a lot. One day you will read to him, the next he to you. Both will pick books you both enjoyed reading a lot and think the other might also enjoy. Once done reading to each other, will usually talk about what was read and just share thoughts and opinions.

Charles:

He doesn't know why you do it but you seem to like it so he lets you do it. Sometimes he will be chopping wood while you do it, other times just eating, other times resting his head on your head or lying down and resting on his bed and listening to you with complete attention. If he liked the story, he will smile and thank you for reading it to him, saying he quite liked it. If he didn't like it, he will frown and question some of the choices some characters made or say how he thinks it could have been a better story.

Javier:

He will usually be playing on his guitar some song to go along with it or be lying aside you with his head on your lap. He likes it when you read to him, he finds it relaxing and likes to watch your expressions while you read. It's also a useful way for him to better his English.

Kieran:

He will sit there awkwardly at first but the longer it goes, the more relaxed he gets and eventually he's very relaxed, just enjoying listening to your voice reading him a story. When you read for a long time and flip the page, he will tell you you can stop if you want to, not wishing for you to feel as if you are forced to keep reading.

Mary-Beth:

She likes it because it's a good way for her to learn new stories and spend some time with her lover. Once finished with the book, she will usually keep it if it was a good book for if she ever wishes to hear the story again or read it for herself.

Sadie:

She will be wondering why the hell you want to do this but still shrug and listen, weirdly liking the sound of you reading to her, even if it makes her feel like some child. She won't go too long though, she will get bored quite quickly and wish to do something more exciting so she will pat your arm, thanking you for the reading but now some more exciting stuff is calling her.