one year of clumsy

hi friends,

i was just checking my timehop from today and realized that one year ago today i first posted the prologue for this story, which seems so crazy. i started writing this story because i was bored in quarantine, and honestly i wasn't sure i would even end up finishing it. i hadn't written on wattpad in years, and even though it seemed kind of silly as a 20 year old in college writing a semi-fanfic about a band i was still obsessed with after like seven years, i'm really glad i decided to do this. it ended up turning into something i'm genuinely so proud of, and feeling that way about something i've written is a fantastic feeling i hadn't had in a while.

i just wanted to pop on and, once again, say thanks to everyone who's read this story and interacted with it, it means more than you could know. it's been amazing watching some people fall in love with this story and these characters as much as i did, and i could not be more grateful for the support. the stories i wrote years ago on wattpad got a fair amount of readers and votes and things, which was great and all, but looking back they weren't things i was proud of, and i feel like my writing has really grown since then. 

clumsy is something i'm actually proud of, and even tho it hasn't gotten the same attention some past stories have, i'm glad its been able to reach over 5k reads, which is something i never imagined. i am super grateful to everyone who's read it, especially the people who have been particularly active and have followed this story even into the sequel. i won't name names or tag anyone, but i'm sure you guys know who you are.

well, that's kind of all i really wanted to say. realizing it's been one year since i published the story kind of hit me, and i just wanted to share this moment with you all. if anyone wasn't aware, i do have a sequel to clumsy up on my page, which is a work in progress. the updates are kind of slow right now since i'm busy with school, but i'm hoping to be able to speed things up a bit in the summer.

again, thanks to everyone who has read or is reading this story. being able to reach even a few people with something i wrote, especially something that i feel good about, over this past year has been amazing.

as always, sending love to everyone,

xx colby