eleven

"with only bricks to break my fall, for you i'd risk it all" - Risk It All / The Vamps

---

-Violet-

"Hey, Violet? I think you have a visitor over there." One of my coworkers called me over, motioning to the front counter.

I furrowed my eyebrows, walking over and grinning when I saw Luke standing there. He was holding an iced coffee from Dunkin' Donuts in his hand, extending it to me when I walked over, "I was in the area and figured I would stop by,  and bring you a treat."

I rolled my eyes, laughing lightly, "Luke, did it happen to cross your mind that I'm working in a coffee shop right now?"

He looked around, wincing, "Right, I guess maybe coffee wasn't the right treat."

I took it from his hands anyway, hiding it under the counter, "Don't worry, I still really appreciate the thought. And I will definitely still drink it because I feel like I'm about to fall asleep standing up."

Luke smirked, "Sorry for keeping you up too late. If you ask me, it was well worth it."

He gave me a wink and one of my coworkers gave me the side eye. I rolled my eyes, "Okay, perv. Maybe we can keep that kind of conversation private."

Luke just laughed, leaning his elbows on the counter, "Okay, okay. Actually, though, I do have one other treat for you."

I turned away, trying to make a few orders while he talked, "Oh? Do tell, I feel spoiled."

"Well, I figured that I probably owe you a real date. So how about tonight?"

"I think I can make that work. Do I get any details? Or am I supposed to just trust that you know what you're doing?" I gave him a smirk.

"No details. For once, I think I have everything planned out. I'll see you at five?" He was already jogging out the door before I could respond. I just laughed and shook my head.

---

"Do I finally get to say I told you so now?" Sydney was grinning at me as she sat on my bed, watching as I tried on different shirts.

"If you want me to come over there and slap you, sure, go for it. I can't believe this jerk didn't tell me anything! How do you dress for a surprise date?" I frowned, falling onto the bed next to Sydney.

"Well, if you had ever bothered to let yourself date someone before, maybe you would have a better idea of what to wear. Besides, it's just Luke, and you've already skipped past most of the dating milestone before you even decided to date. I'm pretty sure this is a low pressure situation." She raised her eyebrows at me.

I fell backwards, laying down for a moment, "Yeah, you're right, as usual. I guess I just realized that... I don't know, I wanna try to do this right? Like, I haven't really let myself care about anyone that wasn't you or Ashton in a long time. And now that I have, I just want it to go well."

Sydney just laughed. I sat up again, frowning at her, "Why are you laughing at me this time?"

She shrugged, still laughing, "I've just never seen this side of you. You're acting like a normal human for once. Someone who gets nervous about guys and wants to go on cute little dates and shit."

I groaned,"Okay, I get it, I'm hilarious. None of this is helping me."

Sydney walked over to my closet, sighing, "Listen, you need to chill. Once again, you can't control everything, and you really need to let go of that mindset. Things like this are unpredictable and can be really crazy at time. Especially since you decided to date someone like Luke. But that's normal, and you're just going to have to get used to it.