prologue

I looked over at the clock, and sighed at the numbers staring back at me. Single digits and the a.m. light typically meant it was time for me to call it a night.

I closed my laptop and shuffled down the hall to my room. I heard silence from the other two bedrooms, which was not surprising, as I was always the last one to decide to go to sleep. After a quick face wash, I stumbled back into the kitchen to get a glass of water before actually turning in.

While the sink poured water into my glass, I heard noises at the front door. Alarmed, I quickly stopped the sink and put my glass down, grabbing an umbrella from a hanger to use as a weapon. The doorknob jiggled, clearly someone trying to get in. I inched over to the peephole and looked out, expecting to see a hooded figure or a deep black mask.

Instead, I looked out onto a head of blonde hair, trying to shove a loose key into my doorknob. He was mumbling expletives in between hiccups, leaning on the wall for support. 

I cautiously opened the door, keeping my umbrella in a tight grip behind my back. I looked the boy in front of me up and down, "Can I help you?"

His eyes shot wide open, and then proceeded to look back and forth between my door and the one across the hall in confusion. Finally facing me again, he laughed to himself, "Oh, this isn't my apartment."

I could smell the scent of beer on him, and quickly understood what was going on. He was my neighbor, the new one who had just moved in with the obnoxious boys that already lived across the hall. I rolled my eyes and placed the umbrella back on the ground, "Nope, but thanks for scaring the shit out of me."

The boy turned away from me, stumbling with every step as he walked to his own door. I was about to shut mine when he turned back around again, "I'm sorry, I'm-"

Before he could finish his sentence, he doubled over and puked right at my doorstep.

--

A/N:

new story?? i'm really excited??

stay tuned because i'm feeling really good about this one.

xx colby