thirty-three | engaged

"How does that even happen?!" Willow asks between snorts of laughter.

Oliver throws his hands up. "I don't know, okay! I was re-potting the Mandrake and I didn't know it had a grip on my -"

"Stop!" Elise manages to wheeze, struggling to get any words out in her laughing fit. "Stop, I can't hear it again! I'll blow butterbeer out of my nose!"

The three chorused in seemingly uncontrollable cackling within the Three Broomsticks. It was the Saturday that their friends and other students would be returning from Christmas break, and they wanted to enjoy the mostly-empty state of Hogsmeade while they could.

In the midst of her giggling, Elise managed to knock over her drink and spill the sticky butterbeer all over her hands and arms.

"Fuuuck." She groaned. The other two giggled at her as she tried and failed to wipe it off with napkins. "I'll be right back."

She got up and walked off to the bathroom, stepping up to the sink and turning on the water. That was when the stall door behind her creaked open, and an unpleasantly familiar face emerged.

"Well, hello there, little Lupin." Bellatrix sneered, a nasty smirk on her face as she leaned back against the stalls, watching her.

"Hi, Bellatrix." Elise muttered, getting soap onto her hands as she avoided making eye contact with the Slytherin through the mirror.

"How have you been?" She asked, the hint of malice in her voice making it obvious that she didn't care for an actual answer. "I heard you took the break-up pretty rough for awhile. How does it feel to be dumped by a weirdo like Snape?"

Elise felt her jaw clench, but tried to keep her focus on washing her hands. She didn't dare reply to the vile girl. Despite her unresponsiveness, Bellatrix kept a sinister smile on as she stepped closer to the Lupin, putting her lips close to the girl's ear.

"You know... After Snape and I graduate in a few months, we are going to wipe out every last muggle and mudblood there is," she hissed. "And I think we'd both enjoy starting with your little family -"

Hot anger snapped open within Elise's body, and before she could think, her wand was in her hand and 'Stupefy!' left her lips. A crash sounded throughout the bathroom and Bellatrix lay unconscious atop a a pile of rubble that was once a bathroom stall.

Elise quickly processed what she'd just done and sprinted out of the bathroom, back to the table Willow and Oliver sat at.

"Hey, guys, uh..." Elise started, standing by the table and constantly throwing glances over her shoulder to where the bathroom was located.

"What's up?" Oliver asked, seeing her strange behavior.

"We gotta leave... Like right now." She said, eyes wide as she looked at her friends. They simply stared at her in confusion for a moment, and she threw her hands up in frustration. "I said right now, you dildos!"

The two got the message and quickly gathered their things, left money on the table for their drinks, and scurried to leave the building. They both practically jogged to keep up with Elise's panicked, quick pace.

"I didn't know those short little legs of yours could move this fast!" Oliver panted.

Once they were right outside the castle entrance, Elise finally stopped and caught her breath, leaning over with her hands on her knees.

"So are you gonna tell us why we had to rush out of there?" Willow demanded, also breathing heavily and staring at Elise.

"Uh, yeah, I suppose..." Elise mumbled, standing upright and scratching the back of her neck. "I kind of had a little incident in the bathroom..."