thirty-four | harry

Elise apparated before 11 and 13 Grimmauld Place, taking in the view of the dark, grimy building before walking up and lifting the charm. The old bricks shook and reformed, revealing the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix and the home of Sirius Black.

She breathed out a sigh as she entered the place, allowing herself to relax now that she was within the safety of its walls. Her hand reached down to slip her wand into her boot.

Remus poked his head around the corner at the end of the hall, before pulling out his wand and rushing over to his sister. Stopping a few feet away, he eyed her warily for a moment before speaking.

"What movie did we watch on Christmas Eve of 1976?"

Elise rolled her eyes. "Really, Remus? Must we do this every time? How am I even supposed to remem-"

"Answer the question!" He barked, raising his wand higher.

"Merlin! Okay, okay... Let's see. 1976?" She thought for a moment, before nearly face-palming at the realization. "A New Hope. Duh."

Her brother's guard dropped then and he put his wand away, a warm smile spreading on his lips as he walked up to embrace her.

"It's good to see you, El." He murmured.

Elise squeezed him tightly. "You too, Moons."

It had been a few weeks since the siblings had seen each other, with their different orders from Dumbledore keeping them busy and all over the place. But today was special, and it would bring together the all of the friends that may not have seen one another in quite possibly months.

Today was the day that the Order would get to meet Harry, the little boy born only a couple weeks ago to Lily and James.

"Bandit!" Sirius' voice rang throughout the rickety old house. Elise separated from her brother and practically ran to jump into her old friend's arms down the hall.

"Padfoot, I am so glad to see you all in one piece." She breathed out as she buried her face into his chest and she could hear him chuckle.

"As am I, but today's not about that!" He said, beaming, as he pulled away from the hug and began practically vibrating with excitement, a toothy grin on his face.

"Today, I get to meet my godson!"

"What kind of person makes you godfather of a baby?" Elise inquires jokingly, a brow quirked up and her arms crossed.

"This kind of person!"

The three turn around quickly to the sound of the voice from behind them, wands whipped out. Elise cursed herself momentarily that she hadn't even heard the door open or anyone come in.

But everyone soon recognized the faces of James and Lily, dropping their guard and pocketing their wands once more.

"Bloody Hell, Prongs..." Sirius huffed, running his fingers through his hair. "You couldn't have at least knocked?"

"Lower your voice and quit bitching, my son is asleep here!"

"Little Harry!" Elise squealed, stepping over to greet Lily who carried a small blanket-wrapped baby in her arms.

The little one stirred awake at the commotion and Elise got to admire his cuteness for the very first time. He had that perfect, porcelain-like baby face and a tuft of messy black hair atop his head. His features reminded her so much of James. Except for those almond-shaped green eyes... That was all Lily.

"He's amazing, guys. Congratulations." Elise smiled at the new parents. They practically shone with pride and joy.

"Here, hold him. My arms could use a break, anyway." Lily said, gently transferring the baby to her.