eight | quidditch

The following weekend, Elise sat herself among her friends in the stands filled with shouting and commotion. On her right was Evelyn and to her left was Lily. The bench directly in front of them occupied Molly and Alice. All donned Gryffindor attire, except for Elise in her Hufflepuff sweater and Evelyn in a yellow and black scarf and beanie she had borrowed.

Today's game was Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff, so the playful banter between the girls was high as they waited fo the Quidditch match to begin.

Soon, Sirius, Peter, and Remus came and sat behind them. Elise and Evelyn greeted them, before telling them their precious team would be 'going down.'

Elise saw Willow walk onto the field with the Hufflepuff team, broom in hand, and cheered for her friend, Evelyn following suit.

Right after, James and the Gryffindor team marched onto the grass below, causing all the others around them to erupt in cheers.

The game began, the students on brooms whizzing around in the air and balls being flung around.

"I don't know how you and Willow play this!" Elise said loudly to Evelyn over the noisy crowd. "I'd end up killing myself!"

Evelyn laughed. "Not all of us have two left feet and the balance of a newborn deer!" She shouted back, earning a playful smack on the arm from Elise.

The teams were neck and neck for a very long time, both just hoping that their team's Seeker would claim the Snitch soon.

After about an hour and a half of playing, the Gryffindor team's Seeker was announced to have caught the Snitch. The students in red and gold attire burst into ear-piercing celebration.

Elise watched as James flew on his broom with no hands, waving them around and laughing. And not paying attention to where he was going.

He collided hard with another player and lost his balance, sending him off his broom and hitting the hard ground below. Everyone gasped in horror and started clambering down to the field to see if he was alright.

Luckily, he wasn't too far up when he fell, so he only sustained a few broken bones and a concussion. James now lay unconscious in the Hospital Wing. Madame Pomfrey had poured some healing elixirs down his throat, along with pain relief potions and allowed visitors.

It was now dinner time, so everyone had left James' bedside to go eat, except for Lily and Elise. Though, knowing he would be okay, Elise mostly stayed now to comfort Lily.

The red-head surprisingly took it very hard, seeing James lay injured on the cot. Her emerald eyes glistened with tears and she kept a hand atop his.

"And here I thought you couldn't stand him," Elise joked softly, giving her a small smile.

Lily chuckled and shook her head. "I had myself convinced of that, as well," she sighed. "But watching him fall... not knowing if he was alive or not when he was laying on that field..."

Elise nodded and placed a hand on her friend's shoulder.

"I suppose I kind of realized how much I like having the dumbarse around," Lily said with a sad smile.

"Maybe you should give him a chance, Lils. I see how he looks at you. If you gave him the opportunity, he wouldn't let you down."

Lily nodded slowly, deep in thought. The two girls sat beside each other at the bedside for awhile longer, before Lily told Elise that she could go down to dinner.

"Are you sure?" Elise asked. "I can stay here with you as long as you need."

"I'm sure. I can hear your stomach growling," she said, and they both giggled.

Elise gave the red-head a little hug, then ruffled an unconscious James' hair before leaving the Hospital Wing.

At dinner, Willow moped about losing the game, stuffing meatloaf in her mouth.

Elise patted her back. "It's alright, Will. There's always next game."

"Sure, but beating Gryffindor would've looked great for our House."

Elise nodded in agreement as she drank her pumpkin juice. She noticed the Gryffindor table acting even more rambunctious, as if drunk on their Quidditch victory. Sirius stuck his tongue out at her from the table, Remus using his hand to form a letter 'L' over his head. She simply laughed at them before flipping them off.

Lily then walked into the Hall, coming over to where Elise sat.

"He's awake!" She beamed at the Hufflepuff, then leaned in closer to whisper in her ear. "I also asked him out on a date next weekend... he said yes, of course."

Elise's jaw dropped and she turned to hug Lily, both giggling like little girls. "That's so awesome! Merlin, his pride is going to be annoying now."

Lily laughed and walked off to join the Gryffindor table, a big smile on her face and the smallest hint of a blush still on her cheeks.

-

Sorry this chapter was so short, it was more of a filler! Snape and Elise content coming up! :D