twenty | stars

The record player in the corner of the dorm blared 'Bohemian Rhapsody' at an absurd volume, Willow and Elise screaming the lyrics at the top of their lungs. Their two other dorm mates - Doris and Mary - staring at them from the other side of the room as they also prepared for the Valentine's Day Dance in an hour.

Willow zipped up Elise's dress for her, jumping and dancing as she did so, making the Lupin laugh.

"MAMA, OOOOH," Willow yelled, using her wand as a microphone.

"I JUST KILLED A MAN!" Elise continued, using her own wand to make light waves in her hair as she sat in front of a mirror.

"If you two don't shut up, I'm going to kill you," Doris shouted over the music, though she had a slight amused smile on her lips.

"MAMA!" Elise ran over to Doris, wrapping her arms around the girl and swaying her back and forth. "LIFE HAD JUST BEGUN!"

Doris laughed and pushed the girl off of her, shooing her away. "Go away, you freak," she said jokingly, returning to her mascara.

Willow and Elise joined hands, dancing around in circles in the center of the room. "But now I've gone and thrown it all awayyy!" They sang in unison.

The girls cackled before returning to getting ready, but still continuing to sing lyrics loudly every once in awhile.

- - -

When the Hufflepuff best friends entered the Great Hall, they could barely recognize it. A band played upon the upper area where the professors usually sat for meals, playing slow music.

Round tables with chairs were littered towards where the entrance was, along with longer tables along the walls that held chocolates, cakes, and large bowls of butterbeer, pumpkin juice, and cherry punch.

The ceiling was enchanted to appear as a sky during the sunset, glowing beautifully in shades of pink, orange, and yellow. A few puffy clouds and white doves also littered the false sky.

Decorations in pink, red, and gold were strung all over the Hall, perfectly setting the Valentine's Day mood.

"This is brilliant," Elise said as she stared around the room in amazement.

Willow shrieked beside her, making her jump and stare at her best friend with wide eyes.

"Bloody Hell, what?!"

"Freya!" Willow beamed, and Elise looked to see the pretty blonde girl walking towards them in all black, just like herself.

Freya grinned widely as she approached her date, the two girls hugging upon greeting.

"You look beautiful, love." Freya said to Willow, causing the girl to blush harder than Elise had ever seen.

"You're gorgeous!" Willow exclaimed, taking her hand and turning to the Hufflepuff currently third-wheeling. "Freya, this is my best friend Elise Lupin."

"Ah, Elise," Freya smiled at her, shaking her hand with her free one. "Pleasure. It's nice to see another Hufflepuff that takes a liking to us snakes." She winked.

Elise flushed and laughed nervously, nodding. "Nice to meet you."

"Every Slytherin needs a Hufflepuff at their side," Willow agreed and laughed with her date.

Just then, Elise spotted the Marauders further into the room, so she told Willow and Freya she'd meet up with them later before running off to the group of Gryffindors.

"Bandit!" Sirius shouted when he noticed her approaching, Marlene Mckinnon standing beside him. "You look great!"

"Absolutely beautiful!" Lily agreed and hugged the girl.