six | halloween

The ceiling squeaked and chirped with the sounds of bats, the enchanted sky looked gloomy with its clouds flickering every once in awhile with false lightning. Jack-o'-lanterns littered the giant oak tables and the ghosts of the castle made a festive point to jump out and startle students often.

Elise and Willow were onto their dessert of pumpkin pie on the night of Halloween. They were already dressed in their costumes for the party that would start fairly soon. Willow wore a pirate costume, with corset, hat, sword, and all.

"You look so good, Will," Elise complimented, touching the feather on the pirate hat. "Maybe Freya will be there and see how cute you are," she winked.

Willow flushed and took a quick, nervous glance over to the pretty blonde at the Slytherin table. "Yeah, like she'd show up to a party with Gryffindors," she jeered sarcastically.

"Probably a good thing, I heard there will be firewhisky," Elise replied.

"Oh Merlin, right. Last thing I need is to make a fool of myself in front of her," Willow laughed.

"Speaking of which, does my costume look stupid?" Elise asked, looking down at her simple little black dress with a big fluffy gray and black striped tail pinned to the back. A pair of rounded, fluffy black ears were atop her head and she did her classic thick, messy eyeliner with a bit of it on her nose. A pair of sweater-material gray thigh high socks and heeled black boots on, as well.

"Are you kidding?" Willow gave her a playful nudge and they both stood, about to make their way out of the Great Hall and down to where the party was. "A raccoon? It's perfect for you, Bandit." She laughed, mimicking the nickname the Marauders gave her.

In the Gryffindor common room, people had already begun piling in for the party. Elise sat on the couch, facing Sirius. He wore some dog ears on his head, and she was using her eyeliner to color in a little black nose for him to match.

James stood a few feet away, sipping from a cup. He'd literally just tied two sticks he'd found outside onto his head to look like stag antlers. Peter lingered nervously in a corner, gulping down his drink to give himself liquid courage, probably. He had on mouse ears and a long piece of rope was pinned to his lower back, dangling down to his ankles as a sad excuse for a rat tail.

The boys had apparently tried, to no avail, to get Remus to dress up as a wolf. Elise's brother simply sat in a chair in his normal clothes, sipping on butterbeer and watching his sister do the finishing touches to Sirius' dog nose.

"Alright, you're all done," she said proudly, tucking her eyeliner in her boot.

"Am I adorable?" Sirius asked, going to touch his nose but she smacked his hand away from it.

"Yes, very cute, now don't touch it and mess it up!"

Elise laughed, ruffling his hair, and got up to go hangout with Evelyn and Willow on the other side of the room. She thought she may have seen his cheeks turn a little red, but chose to ignore it.

Evelyn, like Remus, stood with a simple butterbeer in hand. She was dressed in a renaissance-like dress with fake, elongated elf ears. Elise complimented the outfit and accepted a cup of firewhisky from Willow.

After a little while, Lily surprised everyone by dragging Snape into the common room to join the party. He looked extremely uncomfortable, and stuck by her side the entire time, dressed in his normal black clothing. Lily dressed as Poison Ivy, and gave harsh glares to anyone who questioned Snape's presence there.

Elise gave a big smile and wave to Lily and Snape, which Lily returned, but the Slytherin just gave a blank nod in her direction.

An hour and a half into the party, and the common room was absolutely bustling with students, many of which were pretty intoxicated by now. Elise felt tipsy, but had been taking it slow with drinks. Willow was absolutely hammered, dancing around with a sober and embarrassed - but amused - Evelyn.