fifteen | tears

That following weekend, Elise managed to convince Severus to go with her to Hogsmeade. It had taken a few days of begging, but he'd eventually bregrudgingly agreed.

The cold mid-January air nipped at their faces as they walked down to the little town. Elise pulled her coat tightly around her and snuggled her nose into her Hufflepuff scarf, shivering. Severus didn't seem as bothered, and teased her for looking like a 'little homeless house elf.' She grumbled obscenities he didn't quite hear.

Thankfully, they slipped into the first shop of the day: Honeydukes. The warm air quickly dissolved the chill clinging to her and she sighed happily, pulling her scarf down from her face.

"Your nose is so red," Severus said with a chuckle, poking her on the tip of the nose with a finger. She laughed, swatting his hand away.

Elise grabbed some liquorice wands, chocolate frogs, and Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. Severus had said he'd never tried them, so she decided to introduce him to the wonderful world of earwax and bogey jellybeans.

Severus followed her around the shop, helping her carry her candy when she struggled.

"I don't feel like you need any sugar in you," he teased.

"What does that mean?" She turned to look at him with an exaggerated offended expression.

He smirked at her. "You know what I mean. You already have the energy of a hyperactive child half of the time."

Elise stuck her tongue out at him and he chuckled, shaking his head as he followed her to the register so she could pay for her sweets.

With giant bag of candy in hand, they stepped back into the cold weather only for a moment before going into Zonko's.

"I didn't think you'd be interested in anything in here," Severus said, looking around at all the pranks and gags.

"Well I did practically grow up around Sirius and James," she responded, slowly walking through the aisles and avoiding students.

"Ah, that's right," he nodded. "How could I forget."

Elise laughed lightly and picked out a few things, with Severus asking what they were.

"Sometimes I like to trick Willow into using a Nose-Biting Teacup at breakfast," she stated with a mischievous grin, holding up the product, then showing the other one. "Or even a Stink Pellet under her pillow."

Severus let out a short laugh. "I seem to have underestimated how truly evil you are, Lupin."

"Don't get on my bad side." she teased, reaching up and booping him on the nose as he'd done to her earlier.

She turned to keep walking and bumped directly into a hard chest. Looking up, a familiar face grinned down at her.

"Padfoot!" Elise beamed and hugged her friend. She threw a wave to Peter at his side.

"Hey there, little Bandit," he laughed and returned the hug, then inspected the items in her hand. "Good choice, but try this as well." he passed her another product.

"Frog-Spawn Soap?" She questioned, reading the packaging.

"Makes a whole lot of tadpoles appear when it's used," Sirius said proudly.

"It's right disgusting..." Peter grumbled, as if reliving a memory.

"Brilliant," she laughed, shaking her head. "Will's gonna kill me."

Sirius shrugged. "Just blame it on me," he said with a smirk and gave her a pat on the head. "Well we've got to get going. See you 'round, El."

They hugged once more before he and Severus made eye contact. They both stiffened, narrowing their eyes at each other. Elise sighed softly and prepared to break up an altercation.