fourteen | slytherin

"Hey," Severus whispered across the table, looking up from his Potions textbook to the girl across from him.

Elise looked up, meeting his gaze. She lifted a brow to ask 'what?'

"Wanna hangout later?"

With a grin, she nodded.

"Okay... Slytherin common room after dinner." He went to return to his book, but saw her expression drop. He sighed quietly. "Don't worry. You'll be okay."

With the reassurance from her friend, she smiled and nodded again. Willow looked at her worriedly from beside her.

"Sounds right sketchy," she mumbled. Severus rolled his eyes, continuing to read.

Elise gave her a small smile. "Don't get all protective on me," she whispered.

"It's alright, just don't get pregnant," Willow murmured with a smirk.

Elise and Severus simultaneously choked on air and stared at her wide-eyed, then at each other. A deep red spread across both of their faces.

"Everything alright over there, Mister Snape and Miss Lupin?" Slughorn called, looking over at them curiously from his desk.

"All good, Sluggy!" Willow called, a smug look on her face.

Slughorn sighed exasperatedly. "It's Professor Slughorn to you, Miss Davies, for the hundredth time. Now, get back to work. No talking!"

Elise landed a small - but still hard - punch on Willow's arm once the Professor had looked away. But the girl just continued quietly cackling at the look on Severus' red face.

-

The Hufflepuff paced a few times outside of the Slytherin common room, debating on whether or not she was actually going in there.

A badger walking dumbly into a dungeon full of snakes didn't seem like the brightest idea.

Although, she thought, stopping in her tracks for a moment. Badgers are rather vicious... And they eat snakes.

This gave her a tiny bit of hope, as goofy as it sounded, and she let out a long breath as she uttered the password Severus had given her earlier. And stepped into the reptile den.

The common room was so different than Hufflepuff's or Gryffindor's. No warm colors or groups of laughing students. Just low ceilings with green, black, and silver decorating the large room. Even the fireplace lit in one end of the room didn't seem inviting to her. However, the very large window that peered into the murky depths of the Black Lake was rather brilliant.

"Elise, over here."

She looked to where she heard the familiar voice and saw Severus sitting on the velvet emerald colored couch in front of the fire. Two plush matching armchairs sat on either side of it, also angled slightly towards the fireplace.

Sitting in one, was Lucius Malfoy. Her mind had already started screaming 'get out!' but got even louder when she noticed Bellatrix sitting in the other, with Narcissa perched on top of the arm of the chair.

Like a deer in headlights, she just stood there, staring. The Slytherins stared back, but with mischievous smirks on their faces. Quite the contrast to her paled face, agape mouth, and wide eyes.

With a huff, Severus stood and walked over to her. He leaned down to her ear and whispered, "Trust me." Pulling back a few inches, he stared directly into her eyes for a second.

Those black eyes - that she seemed to get so easily lost in - seemed genuine. She felt safe. She gave a small nod and he returned it with a little grin. His large, cold hand slipped around hers and pulled her towards the couch.