chapter 10

Angela's point of view:

The golden light slips through the curtains, warming up my skin.

Rubbing my eyes open, Realising we'd fallen asleep on the sofa.

Spencer lays on his side, asleep behind me, his arm draped over my stomach as my back lays softly against his chest.
The only sound being his gentle breathes in my ear.

I could stay like this for ever.
It's the safest I've felt in a very long time.
I wish I could stay like this for ever, but I need to shower, my hair needs a wash.

Gently, I wriggle out from under his arm, stretching my feet out before standing up and placing the blanket back over his body.

He looks so peaceful,
his eyes only gently shut, not clenched.
I've never seen his bed hair before, but I think it's my favourite.
No I know it's my favourite.

I check my phone, reading a text from dad about picking Jack up this morning from his office, naw.

Walking up the stairs, slipping out of my dress I turn on the shower, letting the water run down my body.
Washing my hair before getting out and wrapping a towel around my body.

Checking my room to see if the clothes I wanted for today are in there,
but remembering I hung them out yesterday.

Trying my best to be quiet while walking down the stairs, Spencer props up on the couch, brushing the hair out of his face with his fingers.
My cheeks begin to warm up when our eyes meet.

" Oh.. morning".

" Hm, what a pleasant thing to wake up to. Did you sleep okay?" His lips pull into a small smirk before pressing into a flat line.

I nod, " You?".

He nods in response before standing up off the sofa, his eyes wandering to the kitchen.

" Top draw above the stove, the kettles over by the sink too" I say before walking out to grab my clothes off the line.

Returning inside to see him standing in the same spot with a puzzled look on his face.

" How'd you kno.."

"- Spencer, I've watched you drink at least four cups of coffee every morning, Just took a stab in the dark I guess" I laugh.

The same devilish smirk grows across his face before he slowly walks over to me, our eyes in an intense staring contest.

My breathing hitches as he stands right in front of me, his eyes sparkling.

He slowly looks me up and down before taking a deep breath.
I can feel my heart in my throat.

Pulling my chin closer to his face, before connecting our lips.
They begin to move in sync as his large hands cup my face.

His tongue grazing my bottom lip, asking for entrance before slipping into my mouth.
I'm about to drop the pile of clothes in my hands when his phone begins to ring.

The both of us slowly pulling away, nothing but the sound of our gentle panting and his phone ringing.

" You should get that".

He nods before fixing himself up, walking over to the kitchen and answering his phone.
I manage to gather myself together, while walking up the stairs.

Getting changed into my jeans and singlet, I then make my way back downstairs.
He's in the kitchen sipping a mug of instant coffee, leaning against the bench.

" Unfortunately, I've got to go in to the office in fifteen.." He sighs.

" Hm that's okay, I've got to go pick Jack up from there anyway. I guess I'll see you there".