chapter four

Angela's point of view:

I feel like I've been hit by a bus.
Slowly opening my eyes, I'm met with bright white lights.

Oh fuck, am I dead?
I look across the room to see Spencer asleep, his body squished into the seat.
He could pass as an angel I guess,
But then again we all know I'd never get into heaven.

It's a hospital room,
There are things attached to me and a drip going into me like my dad had a few months ago.
Where is my dad?

Actually what the fuck is going on?
Last thing I remember I was at the club and about to pee,
Then I blacked out.
Fuck I don't know.

Slowly I move into a seated position, holding myself up by my elbows, making the slightest noise, causing Spencer to spring out of his chair.

" Angela, thank god" He rushes over to the side of the bed.

Pushing a button to call the nurses, he turns his head back to face me.

" Are you okay? Are you feeling okay?".

Chuckling to his frantic manor,
" Yes Spencer, I'm okay. Did I pass out?".

His head drops, a quiet sigh slipping from his lips.

" You said you didn't do other drugs Angela, I thought we didn't lie to each other?".

Other drugs?
What's he on about.

" Spencer I'm not on drugs, that's not why I passed out, I hadn't taken anything not even alcohol".

He furrows his eyebrows, the nurses coming in looking pleased once they see me.

Spencer backs away from the bed,
letting the nurses check my levels then they begin to tell me what happened, asking me if I had taken anything,
Which again I answered no.

" Well Angela, we found high levels of Fentanyl in your blood. It's a pretty hard drug, do you know what it's for?" The nurses ask.

" It is prescribed in the event of chronic, severe pain as a result of cancer, nerve damage, back injury exedra, it's part of a group of drugs called opioids" Spencer sighs.

I turn to face him, about to laugh at his random knowledge when I see the look on his face.
He looks like he'd just seen a ghost, an expression I'd never seen him wear before.

" Are you a doctor Mr Reid?" The nurse chuckles.

" Something like that" He scrambles to pick up his stuff from the chair, " Angela, I'll be back okay - got some urgent things to do. Will you be okay here for a few minutes by yourself?".

I nod, not fazed by his unusual behaviour because his unusual behaviour is just his behaviour.

" Wait Spencer" He stops at the door, turning to face me, " Did you call my dad?".

He shakes his head looking down at his watch and then back up at me,

" I would've if you were still here in the morning but you woke up, you can make that decision for yourself now" He gently smiles before walking out the door in a hurry.

" Man on a mission, sweet boyfriend of yours!" The nurse chuckles, handing me my phone.

I laugh at her statement before slowly shaking my head, " Oh No we're just friends... if even that".

She sighs " well I wish my friends cared for me the way he does for you" Before writing something on the clipboard.

I just smile at her, unlocking my phone.
It's 2am, if dad was worried he would've texted me and I'm assuming he's just fallen asleep on the sofa watching a movie with Jack.