chapter twenty

Angela's point of view:

The background noise of Spencer flicking through each movie fills the silence.

My head's rested on his lap, as I mindlessly scroll through instagram.

" What about Harry Potter?" He stops to look down at me.

Our eyes meeting, " Any Harry Potter movie is good, so you choose".

He presses play on the Chamber of Secrets, resting back into the sofa.
Running his large fingers through my hair, sending shivers up my back.

" I'm starting work again tomorrow" I say.

" That's good then, isn't it?".

I nod, reaching my arm out and placing my phone down on the coffee table.

" D'you still want to stay here?" He quickly asks.

Fuck, i've made myself too much at home.
He's over it.

Tilting my head to face him, " Of course. Unless i'm taking up too much space, I understand if you need some alone time an-"

"- Angela" He stops me, leaning down, gently placing a kiss on my lips.
" I was going to ask if you wanted to stay, as in move in".

Chuckling, he brushes the hair out of my face with his index finger.

" Oh, okay. That would be cool.. as long as you split the rent money with me".

He huffs, " You won't drop it, will you?".

Pouting while shaking my head, he rolls his eyes before returning his attention to the movie.

My eyelids grow heavy, battling to keep them open while trying to stay engaged in the movie.

I almost fall asleep before Spencer's phone begins to ring.
He slowly reaches over me, picking it up from the coffee table.

Grabbing the remote, I quickly pause the movie.

I watch as he reads the caller id, a concerned look on his face.

" I'll be right back!" He gently helps me up before walking off down the hallway.

Privacy is so important,
plus for all I know it could be work!
yeah.. work at 7:30pm on a Sunday..
It's fine.

Not everyone's like Ethan and I need to understand that.

Rolling on my side about to reach for my phone when he comes walking around the corner, clutching his side bag and two sets of keys.

" I would've loved to stay and watch the movie but duty calls.. will you be okay?" He slowly walks over to me.

Standing up, i'm now at his eye level.
Fixing my tank top strap which was tangled around, looking up to meet his stare.

" Do you enjoy doing that to me?" He raises an eyebrow.

" Doing what?" I scoff.

His lips pull into a side smirk, before handing me a set of keys.

" You have no idea".

Too distracted by the keys in my hand, one of them with the letter 'H' on it.

" It's the home key. Now we've both got one.".

I'm surprised that my jaw isn't on the floor.
How does he go from being hot and horny to soft and sweet in under a second?

Eh I'm n out complaining.

" I'll see you when you're back?" Biting my lip to hide the smile growing across my face.

He nods, " See you later".