chapter sixteen

Angela's point of view:

He sits there in the sand,
the wind blows through his curls, letting his bare chest soak up all the sun.

" Why won't you come for a swim?" I huff.

" Because, I don't want to. You have fun though".

Groaning before pulling his shirt off over my head, exposing my bare chest and leaving me in underwear.

There's no one here, that's why I like it so much.
It's so private.

He stares up at me, a clenched jaw as he repositions himself from a seated position to now standing.

" Nope you said you don't wanna come" Is all I say before turning on my heels and beginning to walk towards the ocean.

The cool air ruffles through my skin,
blowing my hair left right and centre.

Just as I get my feet into the water, I'm scooped up from behind, a small shriek slips from my mouth.

" Put me down! Now!" I kick my feet in the air.

He laughs at me, not saying a word just continuing to walk with me, holding me bridal style.

" Spencer I swear to god if you don't put me down right now I will literally ki-"

Before I can finish my sentence, a mouthful of salty water enters my mouth, a wave washing over the both of us.

He still holds tightly to my body as we come up out of the water,

" Holy shit it's freezing" He laughs.

Wiping the hair out of my face, I glare up at him, crossing my arms over my chest.

He Stares down at me, I quickly lean in connecting our lips, our tongues fighting like swords before I push out of his arms, falling into the water.

Taking a breath once I'm up, He looks at me half smiling, inviting.

" Tease me like that too often and you'll see what happens Angel" He nods.

Angel?
Did I hear him correct or did he just say Angela?

Staring at him dumbfounded, He grins before beginning to walk for the towels.

Turning back, " I think I just found a good name for you".

Wiping the startled look off my face, catching up to him and grabbing my towel, wrapping it around my body.

The drive home isn't eventful,
it consists of the music blaring and my thoughts clouding my head every second.

Until we're a few blocks away from Spencer's house.

" You know he's lying right?" He clears his throat.

"Huh?".

He glances at me before continuing to focus on the road, " If we were a thing, his job isn't effected by it one bit, if anything I think it's a more personal thing for him".

Opening my mouth to say something, I quickly shut it.
Of course he would lie.
He just doesn't want me being around Spencer for what ever reason.

" I should've known.." I ponder off.

Now I'm going to have to move out sooner,
he's got too much control over my life and in the end it's only effecting me.

" Thats okay, just speeds up the whole moving out process I guess".

He turns to face me, as we pull into the car garage.

" You could always stay with me until you find a place" He says before climbing out of the car, closing the door behind him.