chapter seventeen

Angela's point of view:

Spencer sits on the sofa, a book in hand while the tv plays in the background.

Standing in the kitchen, I open the tub of yogurt before taking a mouthful.
Sweet vanilla.
He told me to make myself at home..

His house smells like warm vanilla and cinnamon, it's so comforting.

" D'you wanna watch a movie or something?" He turns to face me, a small smile growing across his face once his eyes meet mine.

Nodding, I bring the yogurt to the sofa and sit down next to him.

Grabbing the remote he passes it to me but I shake my head.

" You choose".

He returns his attention to the TV, pressing play on the notebook.
I'd never really payed too much attention to any of Nicholas Spark's movie's before.

He sets down his book on the coffee table before pulling a blanket over the both of us, up to our hips, moving closer to me so that our sides are touching.

Subconsciously I lay my head against his shoulder, which he moves an arm over my shoulders bringing me even closer, I may as well be sitting on his lap.

" Do you want any?" I go to move the spoonful of yogurt towards his mouth but most of it falls out of the spoon onto my chest.

My cheeks feel warm, as our eyes meet.

" I do now" He tilts his head with a small smirk.

He looks at me as if he's asking for permission, which my lips pull into a subtle smirk.

Slowly he moves his head towards my chest, propping out his tongue and in one lick the yogurt is all off my chest and into his mouth.
Leaving a tingling sensation where his mouth had been.

Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand before returning to his seated position.

His attention returns to the TV, a throbbing feeling between my legs begins to intensify.
But he seems invested in the movie.

Or so I thought...
His warm hand snakes under the blanket before resting on my thigh.
Swallowing the lump in my throat, tilting my head up so that I can face him.

" Spencer?".

" Mhm?" Our eyes meet.

Avoiding eye contact, I pretend to watch the movie.

" Do you think it's all going to work out?".

" Of course, hey look at me. Of course everything's going to work out, it always does" He gently cups my face with one hand.

Staring into his eyes, I alamos catch them change colour.
A deeper darker brown now.

His plump lips tease me with every word that comes out of them, watching them move but not hearing a single word.
Before I can even question him, I move in to connect our lips.

He instantly responds by cupping my face with both his hands,
The background noise of the movie begins to drown out as he pulls me onto his lap so that i'm straddling him.

My hands snake behind his neck, our kiss deepening with the feeling of his hard bludge rubbing up against me through his jeans.