chapter fourteen

Angela's point of view:

I sit there in his living room,
the TV plays in the background as I listen to his story about baseball.

Every time I look at him, all I see are those soft brown eyes of Spencer's.
God why does he have to be so difficult?

Couldn't he have just stayed away after everything he said.

" Angela?" Mason chuckles.

" Oh shit, I'm sorry what were you saying?" I attempt to zone back in, but am just brought back to Spencer asking me if it actually hurt me.

What does he mean.
Of course it did, you don't just say stuff like that after doing all those things with someone.
It's not right.

Mason gently places a hand on my thigh,
" Hey it's okay, i'll take your mind off it".

Shaking my head, I gently move his hand off of me.
The only person I wanna be touched by is probably having the time of his life right now else where.

" I think I should go" I nod.

" Oh, okay. Sorry, didn't mean to make you uncomfortable".

I grab my bag before gently smiling at him,
" It's not you, I promise".

He nods, smiling back before I leave the apartment.
Walking down the stairs to my car, an unknown number pops up on my screen.

- Angela, come over? please.

I'm not stupid, I know it's Spencer.
But i'm not just going to crawl back to him like some idiot.
Closing my phone, I climb into the car before beginning to drive.

My phone then starts to ring, coming up on bluetooth.
Penelope?

" Hey P, what's up?" I keep my eyes on the road.

" Hey Angela! By any chance you aren't in the car driving to Spencer's place right now are you?" she sounds panicked.

" Uh- no, no I'm not. Why?".

" Okay, um Angela. I don't think he's okay. I actually worry a lot about his well being right now".

Part of me wants to race over there, but the other part knows i'll just get hurt.

" Well maybe you should go check on him, I don't know if I can see him right now".

" Look I know Hotch found out, and I know he said some hurtful things that I know he didn't mean, But I'm pretty sure you're the only one he'd talk to right now".

Gripping the steering wheel tightly, " Okay thanks, I'll see how he is".

" Ah god, Angela you're an angel" Is all she says before ending the call.

It's almost 9pm as I pull into his driveway, walking up the stairs to his apartment door and knocking.

He doesn't answer.
I didn't come all this way for no answer.
I knock again but get the same response.

Okay.
Turning the handle, I notice the door unlocked so I walk through.

He sits there on the sofa, a bottle of whiskey in his hand.
His tie is all crumpled, his fluffy hair a mess.