chapter 21

Angela's point of view:

My fingers turned to prunes,
Ive been sitting in the shower for almost an hour now, the hot steam fogging up the glass walls.

Spencer's been pacing the bathroom back and forth, not one word has left his mouth, nore mine.

Reaching up to turn the shower handle off, he opens the shower door, holding out a towel
keeping his eyes on the ground.

" Thanks" Taking the towel from him and wrapping it around my body.

Trying to engage eye contact but his eyes seem to be anywhere but on mine.

He steps out of the way to let me walk, following me like a lost puppy, through the hall down to the bedroom.

Grabbing his oversized shirt and pulling it over my head, turning to face him.

" I need to make a phone call, i'll be back in a minute" He clears his throat before walking out the door.

Did I do something wrong?
He's possibly not that into me anymore, the atmosphere feels a bit off right now.

My body beginning to ache for a hit of relief.
Something to quiet down the thoughts running a million miles an hour around my mind.

It would also probably be best to leave Spencer alone,
whatever is going on I don't know.
I also need to buy a new fucking phone.

Grabbing my keys off the bedside table before walking out the bedroom door.
Nothing but his shirt and some underwear on.

Walking out into the kitchen, Spencer standing out on the small balcony, his phone to his ear.
He looks stressed, one hand scratching the back of his neck, eyebrows furrowed.

Our eyes meet,
My breath caught in my throat as he brings the phone down from his ear.
Throwing it onto the table before opening the glass sliding door, slowly walking towards me.

Stopping a few inches away from me, he gently wraps his arms around me, pulling me into his chest.
Almost melting into him, breathing in his warm scent.

We stay like this for a few minutes before pulling away.

" I'm so sorry that I wasn't here Angela" He gently says.

" Spencer, you couldn't have known he'd randomly come here, no one could've. He's clearly delusional".

He looks as if he's biting his tongue, quite literally beginning to chew his lip.

" Are you tired? It's past midnight..".

Shaking my head, confused as to why he'd changed the subject so quickly.

" Spencer?".

His eyes meet mine.

" Do you know something I don't?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

" You just changed the subject pretty fast, I don't want to sound crazy or-"

" I put in the word to have a restraining order put on him" He quickly says.

Blinking a few times, comprehending what he had just said.
Now realizing why Ethan had been repeating it.

" You what?!".

He scoffs, " Angela, you can't stand here and tell me that Ethan has your best interest and safety at heart, he's dangerous!".

" Okay? And you had to go behind my back and do that?" I ask.